cost to replace fast idle hose? - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 12-02-2010, 08:46 AM
cajun jamie
Seasoned

2002 Xterra
cajun jamie is on a distinguished road
cost to replace fast idle hose?

Hi all,
A couple months ago my fast idle adjuster was leaking so I replaced the O-ring and it is fine. However, the coolant hose that attaches to it has weakened and leaks at the clasp. I do not think there is enough hose to snip off the end and re-attach it. I may try using a hose coupler and a piece of new hose.

This is the hose that goes on the throttle body and pumps coolant in.

Can someone tell me the name of this hose? I did an Internet search but could only find the fast idle assembly and not the hose. Is this hose difficult to replace?

Thanks!
Jamie

Last edited by cajun jamie; 12-02-2010 at 12:47 PM.
2002 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-02-2010, 12:25 PM
cajun jamie
Seasoned

2002 Xterra
I bought a section of hose at lunch today and now am wondering if anyone knows if that 3-inch section of rubber hose from the throttle body to the metal tubing can just be removed and replaced, or is it sealed to the metal tube?
2002 Xterra
#3 Old 12-09-2010, 03:08 PM
cajun jamie
Seasoned

2002 Xterra
bump ^

Anyone know if I can just pull off that 3-inch hose section going to the throttle body, or will that ruin the tubing and hose seal?
2002 Xterra
#4 Old 12-09-2010, 03:18 PM
soccerbrace
blah blah blah

soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold
http://www.courtesyparts.com/xterra-...4_467_471.html

Try finding it on this page and hover over the part. When you hover, the proper name will show up

Photobucket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeze View Post
There's only a select few members that don't have a problem cutting up their X... and I believe there all in Colorado.
#5 Old 12-09-2010, 03:45 PM
cajun jamie
Seasoned

2002 Xterra
Thanks.It was not in that diagram, but in another, it is called the Idle Control Valve.

The image below is my throttle body. beside the body is the valve that was leaking. The metal tube on the bottom left with the black coating is the tube that pipes in water from the radiator through this valve. At the end of the metal tube carrying radiator fluid is 3 inches of rubber hose. Mine leaks and there is no slack to trim the tube and re-connect. I'll try and snap a shot of this on the truck and post later. I fixed the O-ring on the valve. Now the rubber hose connecting to it is leaking and needs to be replaced.

Thanks!
jamie

Last edited by cajun jamie; 12-09-2010 at 03:47 PM.
2002 Xterra
#6 Old 12-09-2010, 04:29 PM
soccerbrace
blah blah blah

soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold
Cool! Glad I helped Jamie! Good to have you here

Photobucket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeze View Post
There's only a select few members that don't have a problem cutting up their X... and I believe there all in Colorado.
#7 Old 12-09-2010, 09:14 PM
outwiththeold
Addict

00 Xe 4x4 Xterra
outwiththeold is on a distinguished road
looks to be a straight hose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UndersideOfIntake.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	276.8 KB
ID:	5614  

warn manual hubs,PML, and a ditched rear sway bar.K&N Drop w/ resonators removed.Plastics Repainted Black.
00 Xe 4x4 Xterra
#8 Old 12-16-2010, 11:21 AM
aagill225
Seasoned

2002 Xterra
aagill225 is on a distinguished road
looks that way, where did you get the O-ring? i need to do mine. Did you realy need to remove the entire intake?
2002 Xterra
#9 Old 12-16-2010, 12:51 PM
cajun jamie
Seasoned

2002 Xterra
The O-ring I purchased at the local parts store. I removed the valve and took it to the store to match it up with an O-ring.

You do not have to remove the entire assembly, but because that was my first time and I had no idea what was involved, I removed the assembly because it is quite simple to. Detach a few hoses and I think 4 nuts and it's off.

To do it with the assembly attached, get about a 6-10 inch piece of coat hanger wire, cock the spring lever wide open, wire it up to stay back and then just remove the valve and replace the O-ring.

Be sure to check the bottom hose for leaks, it can get soft at the connection and leak as well. That is what I need to address. That bottom hose is so short, i am not sure if I can snip the end and still have enough left to reach the connection.
2002 Xterra
#10 Old 12-16-2010, 07:30 PM
aagill225
Seasoned

2002 Xterra
aagill225 is on a distinguished road
my hose and vaulve have leaked since i purchased it. I would always see a wet spot
(:0) but could not see where it was coming from until i actualy caught it dripping. Took it apart after that to replace the clamp with a new one but was the wrong size. to lazy to redo i guess. LOL leak is minamal
2002 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.