Nissan XTerra Forum banner

My Official Build Thread

80K views 968 replies 84 participants last post by  Xterra3321 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, thanks for viewing my build thread. This will be a very long and drawn out process.

Stock Picture:

Current Picture:

Mod List

Lift/Tires
3" AC Add A Leaf Suspension Lift
Revolver shackles
Energy Suspension LoPro bumpstops
2" AC Body Lift
Bilstein HDs (front)
Bilstein 5100 Articulators (rear)
33x12.50 Duratracs
15x8 3.75 backspaced Pro Comp 52 Rock Crawler wheels

Drivetrain/Steering
Raybestos Centerlink
Raybestos Idler Arm
AC IAB
AC HD TRAs with Raybestos TREs
Warn manual locking hubs

Performance
Cherry Bomb Extreme dual exhaust
Safari Snorkel
Resonator delete mod

Lighting
33" Curved LED light bar
20" Ironman LED light bar
4" Tuff LED fogs
6" Hanma LED reverse light
Walmart LEDs in corner pieces
Raptor lights

Armor
RLC front bumper
RLC rear bumper and tire carrier
White Knuckle rock sliders
Skid Row skid plates

Exterior
Smittybilt XRC8 w/ synthetic line
60" Hi-Lift
Bedlined plastics/bumper
Painted calipers/drums
Undercoated
Plasti Dip (fuel door, door moldings and emblems)
Smoked taillights and corner lights

Interior
Pioneer AVH-X3600BHS
Sony Xplod speakers
2 12" Kicker Comps in Kicker box
350W Lightning Audio amp
Clinometer with compass
Painted interior plastics
LED dome/map light conversion
Paracord

CB
Cobra 75 WX ST CB
Firestick FS4-W Antenea (painted)

Spares
Full size spare tire
Set of OEM tie rods
Set of OEM auto hubs
OEM Idler arm
OEM Centerlink

Stickers... Lots of stickers... Current sticker count: 69

Thanks for checking it out, guys and gals!

See less See more
#4 ·
Gotta start somewhere!
Have fun with it.
Thanks. This thing is sitting on over $500 worth of brand new tires that was on it when I got it so I feel the need to get the use out of those tires before I lift it and put bigger tires on it but I'm wanting to do some work on it pretty soon though.

#5 ·
Wow, this makes me missmy 2000. Looked very much like yours does. I don't blame you for wanting to ride on the tires for a while, but you might want to check local tire shops. A lot of the ones around here will take lighly used tires on a sort of trade. You might be able to get a great deal on larger tires if you trade in before you use up the tread.

#6 ·
Wow, this makes me missmy 2000. Looked very much like yours does. I don't blame you for wanting to ride on the tires for a while, but you might want to check local tire shops. A lot of the ones around here will take lighly used tires on a sort of trade. You might be able to get a great deal on larger tires if you trade in before you use up the tread.
Thats a great idea, I'll definatly look into that.

#15 ·
you should to black the bumpers and trim ASAP
Use krylon fusion for platics spray paint, pretty easy mod and well worth it

#16 ·
how hard was installing that deck? how long did it take
my buddy just got the same alpine deck as me but doesnt wanna pay 120$ to get it professionally installed
we have all the parts i just dont wanna have to cut wires and mess stuff up

#19 ·
how hard was installing that deck? how long did it take
my buddy just got the same alpine deck as me but doesnt wanna pay 120$ to get it professionally installed
we have all the parts i just dont wanna have to cut wires and mess stuff up
It took me and my dad about 4 hours to do the whole project, provided we have never done anything like this ever before. But after finishing the project and looking back on it, it wasn't too difficult.
I don't know about you all in CO but at the best buy near me, I could have the deck installed for around 50 bucks but I didn't want to wait 3 days to do it so we just done it ourselves :)

#21 ·
Yeah looking good! And installing a deck is extremely simple. If you have the wiring harness and the radio adaptor then you just need some butt-connectors and it's all color coded. Don't worry if there are a couple unused wires, most vehicles don't use them all. Try and get a good set of wire pliers because they will help a ton. You could solder the wires if your up to it, but in every case I've just used the red 18-22 gauge connectors and they work fine. Good luck with all the future mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.