Rancho RS5000 Series 3" extended shocks
2" AC Body Lift
Calmini Idler Arm Brace

Communication
Uniden Bearcat 68 XL CB Radio
4' RoadPro Antenna

Recovery
Smittybilt XRC-8 8,000 lb winch w/synthetic line
48" Hi-Lift (Farm ton if you want to be specific)

Blah Blah
Yakima Load Warrior
Kenwood speakers & head unit, kicker sub
11 gallon air tank (depending on where we go it's in there)
4 Hella 500s mounted on the roof

Day one having the X :) :

Then decided that the rims could use a little bit of paint:

Then threw a sub in the back (kenwood headunit and speakers, pioneer 800 Watt amp and 800 watt sub) The sub died :( recently and I have a Kicker Comp VT on the way now!

Cargo Net (got dirty ultimate frisbee stuff all the time that's nice to keep outside of the X)

Added grip tape to the running boards and Painted the plastics. Tried some back to black, but it only lasted for a couple weeks before the sun spots came back. And the black looks better anyways! :

That's all I've got for now, but I've got a list of to-do's containing a PML, larger tires, a light bar, and possibly shrock or custom bumper.

See less See more
#6 ·
love that silver line you left on the wheels. Can't wait to see more. Also, talk to drbandkgb about a light bar, his are cheap and great quality
x2!

#7 ·
the new sub came in and I got that installed quite quickly!

added a "Kicker" bumper sticker to go with the sub (and it's yellow so it matches the grip tape quite well :) )

Looks like the light bar is going to be the next addition, and I'm thinking of going with rectangular lights to mix it up a little since there are so many round halogens out there already

#8 ·
I haven't been on much lately due to working full time now in addition to going to school full time, but I've managed to do a little. I recently decided the plastics on the roof rack need to match the black plastics below so I painted those. I've got some pics that I'll get up here decently soon (I hope)

Looking at replacing the shocks next... which will hopefully lead to a custom front bumper here at some point :)

#9 ·
if you need a light bar hit me up :D I was born in Greenville Oh... But now im in TN
The X is looking good... just wondering why you didnt take the plastics off to paint?
Seem like doing it the way you did could lead to over spray on you sweet ride...

Good luck with the build

#10 ·
I have seen your light bars and they don't look too shabby at all. I just need to get a few lights and see how I'm going to wire them, then I just might be in touch with you. The bar with lights looks frickin' sweet, I just don't know how much I'll actually be using them. Not gonna lie tho, I am kind of a fan of the Xoskel light bar... just don't wanna spend that much right meow

#12 ·
I really dig those Kicker CompVT subs. I had the little 8" in the factory sub box in my Focus and it hit harder than the Kenwood 10" I had in a JL Vantage box in my Ranger. I'm probably gonna replace the stock Rockford 8" sub in my X with a CompVT.

Your X is looking really good. I like the blue and yellow theme!

#13 ·
Nice X man, you should paint the center caps red and the roof rack black and word on the roof rack red, that would really set it off

#15 ·
You're gonna love the Xoskel light cage. The only thing is you can't use hella's with the Xoskel. You have to be able to "clock" the lens on the light. Meaning you need to be able to rotate the lens 45 degrees since the lights are meant to be mounted with the bracket at the bottom. You can't rotate the lens on the Hella's because it's molded or glues to the housing. You may want to cancel that order and get some KC's. If you don't clock the lens the light pattern will be shining more up and down instead of to the left and right. Just a heads up, don't wanna see you get the wrong lights and be disappointed...

#17 ·
No it's just the way they are made. KC's have a glass lens with a ring around it so you can adjust it. The Hella's don't have a ring since they are glued to the back.

#18 ·
For now I'm just making a light bar to go with the Hella's because I got a sweet deal on them. Doing a little "U" bracket with an L Bar going across the front with the lights mounting on top. Will post pics as soon as I get it done. Got everything made, just a few more holes to drill then assembling it all and wiring the lights. Can't wait! :)

Also, I'm putting the lights down in front of the air dam for now. I really like having them set lower. (At least I think I will, who knows)

#19 ·
For now I'm just making a light bar to go with the Hella's because I got a sweet deal on them. Doing a little "U" bracket with an L Bar going across the front with the lights mounting on top. Will post pics as soon as I get it done. Got everything made, just a few more holes to drill then assembling it all and wiring the lights. Can't wait! :)
That's how I rigged mine. Simple, affordable, and effective.
Nice build!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.