What is the difference between XE and SE? - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 07-01-2010, 04:08 PM
kizzolie
Addict

2002 XE Xterra
kizzolie is on a distinguished road
What is the difference between XE and SE?

i checked KBB.com and SE seems to have more options power mirrors and steering and whatnot...but i still have the window sticker for my 2002 xe an it has all of the same stuff the se has on kbb.com...im curious if anyone knows exactly what the difference is...and i did search but "xe vs se" was too short so i figured i ask here.

-Kyyle

-=In Kizzolie We Trust=-

]
-Mr. President.
My Build Thread.
2002 XE Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-09-2010, 07:12 PM
auskip07
Veteran

2001 Xterra
auskip07 is on a distinguished road
I know that fabric floor mats were an option for the more expensive package. Mine came with rubber but the first owner went out and bought the matching floor mats

Current cars:
2001 Xterra 3.3L V6 White 236,000 and *SOLD*

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo Guard Red: A work in progress GETTING VERY CLOSE!

I change my own oil.
2001 Xterra
#3 Old 07-09-2010, 07:38 PM
RacerXXL
Administrator

2000 XE V6 Xterra
RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all
Garage
As I recall when I bought mine new in February of 2000 the only option you could not get on an XE was a sunroof.

Some info from the web.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Xterra
Quote:
The most popular XE Xterras were configured with several option packages combining the 170 horsepower 3.3L VG33E V6 with either a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission and such features as roof rack, side step-rails, and carpeted floormats. The XE proved to be the most popular of the trim levels, with more flexibility on equipment options. A fully loaded XE had almost all the practical features of the top-of-the-line SE model, while costing an average of $2,000 less.

The SE was the premium trim level for the Xterra, offering almost everything available on an XE as standard. A flip-up sunroof and "SE" badging on the back set a fully-optioned XE and SE apart.
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...n-xterra-6.htm
Quote:
The Xterra lineup began with a base XE model, with a 4-cylinder engine, manual transmission, and 2-wheel drive. XE V6 and top-line SE models got a 3.3-liter V6, also used in Nissan's more upscale Pathfinder SUV. Those came with either a manual or automatic transmission, and 2WD or 4WD. Xterra's 4WD system was not for use on dry pavement. Standard features on all models included antilock brakes, air conditioning, and engine/transmission skid plates. SE models added a manual sunroof.

-Kelly- Build Thread

Then he showed those men of will what will really was. - Verbal Kint
2000 XE V6 Xterra
#4 Old 07-09-2010, 08:59 PM
kizzolie
Addict

2002 XE Xterra
kizzolie is on a distinguished road
hmm interesting.

-Kyyle

-=In Kizzolie We Trust=-

]
-Mr. President.
My Build Thread.
2002 XE Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.