Oil Pan replacement - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 05-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Gebblin
Noob

2001 Xterra
Gebblin is on a distinguished road
Oil Pan replacement

I'm new to this forum and spent a little while browsing. With you the amount of knowledge here I was hoping to find some suggestion. I have a 2001 Xterra that I recently pulled the oil pan out only to find my local dealer to have none in stock and 7 people in line when it comes to ordering one. I've tried finding something online with no success. Any suggestions on where I could find a new oil pan that I wouldn't have to wait a month plus to receive? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
2001 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-20-2010, 04:02 PM
TJTJ
Sage Mentor/Moderator

TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebblin View Post
I'm new to this forum and spent a little while browsing. With you the amount of knowledge here I was hoping to find some suggestion. I have a 2001 Xterra that I recently pulled the oil pan out only to find my local dealer to have none in stock and 7 people in line when it comes to ordering one. I've tried finding something online with no success. Any suggestions on where I could find a new oil pan that I wouldn't have to wait a month plus to receive? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Fontana Nissan, you can order online, or PM Scott online here, and he'll hook you up.

http://www.fontananissanparts.com/pa...layCatalogid=0

-TJ

TJ's Build Thread ---> http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11532

DIYS http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16434

2001 Xterra SE, 2003 V6, 5 spd, Shrock Sliders, Bumpers and Skids, Warn 9.5xp Winch w/125' MasterPull II, OBA w/4Gal Tank & 4 CFM Compressor, Revolver Shackles, Deaver 3-Pack + Calmini 2-Pack + OEM Leaves, Bilstein 5150, SLR UCA, Diff Drop, 3" SL, 2" BL, 33x13.5/16 LTB's, Snorkel, Electric Fan Swap, etc...
#3 Old 05-20-2010, 04:05 PM
soccerbrace
blah blah blah

soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold
http://www.courtesyparts.com/11110-p...32_14_391_449&

When doing it I highly highly highly recommend purchasing some FIPG from the local dealership. I would not put an actual gasket in there but I would use the FIPG (Fill In Place Gasket) and do not be conservative when using it.

Photobucket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeze View Post
There's only a select few members that don't have a problem cutting up their X... and I believe there all in Colorado.
#4 Old 05-20-2010, 04:09 PM
TJTJ
Sage Mentor/Moderator

TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold
Talking

Fontana is cheaper though.

And a Sponsor.

-TJ

TJ's Build Thread ---> http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11532

DIYS http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16434

2001 Xterra SE, 2003 V6, 5 spd, Shrock Sliders, Bumpers and Skids, Warn 9.5xp Winch w/125' MasterPull II, OBA w/4Gal Tank & 4 CFM Compressor, Revolver Shackles, Deaver 3-Pack + Calmini 2-Pack + OEM Leaves, Bilstein 5150, SLR UCA, Diff Drop, 3" SL, 2" BL, 33x13.5/16 LTB's, Snorkel, Electric Fan Swap, etc...
#5 Old 05-20-2010, 04:14 PM
soccerbrace
blah blah blah

soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold
Yeah but I was posting at the same time you were

Photobucket
Quote:
There's only a select few members that don't have a problem cutting up their X... and I believe there all in Colorado.
#6 Old 05-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Gebblin
Noob

2001 Xterra
Gebblin is on a distinguished road
Thank you for your quick response. The links were very helpful and I now have one ordered. My only hope now is that it's not on back order and if it is not for long. Meanwhile onto my other projects. Timing belt here I come. Thanks again.
2001 Xterra
#7 Old 05-20-2010, 05:08 PM
soccerbrace
blah blah blah

You got it!

Photobucket
Quote:
#8 Old 05-31-2010, 02:09 PM
ChrisNYC
Noob

2000 Xterra
ChrisNYC is on a distinguished road
The pan in my 2000 6 cyl m/t is rusting out pretty bad and is going to need replacing soon. How difficult a job is it? Looks like the front end needs to be dropped to perform the swap. Anyone have any good advice?
2000 Xterra
#9 Old 06-01-2010, 08:43 AM
dejablue

2002 &2003 Xterra
dejablue has a spectacular aura about them dejablue has a spectacular aura about them
it might be easier to pull the engine than mess with all the front end stuff . easier to get the new pan on change the rear main and add a new clutch if its a stick.

Dennis
2002 &2003 Xterra
#10 Old 09-15-2010, 08:21 AM
bruce372
Noob

2004 Xterra
bruce372 is on a distinguished road
just wanted to bump this thread- ive got a 2004 and the oil pan is rusted out and leaking oil.

how hard a job is it to swap out the oil pan.....it looks like its difficult to get access to with all the steering parts in the way.

my local shop is saying 3.5 hours needed to do the job- i assume its a trivial job to remove 1 part, made complex by having to remove half the front end to do the job!!!!

thanks, Bruce
2004 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.