post #1 of 12 Old 03-31-2010, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
jonweitzel
Noob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2007 Xterra
jonweitzel is on a distinguished road
2007 xterra fuel gauge/check engine light..help!?

A strange thing just happened...
My gas level warning light came on while I was on the highway and I drove another 10 minutes or so before getting gas. I filled up and got on the road again, but after a minute or so I noticed the gauge wasn't going up nor did the light go out. 5 minutes later my check engine light came on.

Is the gauge in the tank malfunctioning? Has anyone else ran in to this problem?
2007 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-31-2010, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
jonweitzel
Noob

2007 Xterra
I was told by someone there was a recall going out/already out for the fuel senser. Has anyone heard about this?
2007 Xterra
post #3 of 12 Old 03-31-2010, 06:02 PM
TrailSkater
Noob

2005 Xterra
TrailSkater is on a distinguished road
I have the exact same problem with my 05' and it has been a heavily covered issue with xterras since 2000. If you google xterra fuel sender you'll find a ton of people with this problem... including our own Natedawgg who did a writeup on how to fix it. You can find it here ---> http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/sho...l+level+sensor

Hope this helps!
2005 Xterra
post #4 of 12 Old 03-31-2010, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
jonweitzel
Noob

2007 Xterra
I noticed there is a recall for this on the 06 and 08 models. Does anyone happen to know why?
2007 Xterra
post #5 of 12 Old 04-01-2010, 09:50 AM
carlosruben84
Seasoned

2002 Xterra
carlosruben84 is on a distinguished road
Wow, had not heard of this,,, my check engline light came on also after getting gas (I'm assumig I was on E),, and read on the manual that it could be because the gas cap was not closed all the way - until it clicks several times. I didnt really believe this but gave it a try,, it took the truck being on about 30 minutes but the check engine light actually went back off. Could be what was stated above, but it wouldnt hurt to just double check....
2002 Xterra
post #6 of 12 Old 04-01-2010, 10:01 AM
carlosruben84
Seasoned

2002 Xterra
carlosruben84 is on a distinguished road
shoot,, just reread the thread and the fact that your gauge is also not going up... man,,, it looks like do need to replace the fuel level senro. I've read through the DIY, very informative.
2002 Xterra
post #7 of 12 Old 04-01-2010, 11:36 AM
TrailSkater
Noob

2005 Xterra
The DIY is great... which is unfortunately what I'll be doing pretty soon. I tried to use logic with Nissans 800# and got nowhere. Their was a recall on 00-04 and a recall for 06 and 08 and yet (with the same exact product in them) they won't recall the entire 05-10 fleet. It's not just x-terras either, it's pathfinders, frontiers, titans, and sentras, and armadas from what I've been researching. When I asked to speak to a managers managers manager I was told that my model is under review for recall but they haven't heard anything back. WFT ever happened to customer support? All I asked for was if they might give me a DISCOUNT on the fuel sender so I can install it myself if they weren't willing to do it for me... no go. It will be in "Review" for all of eternity.
2005 Xterra
post #8 of 12 Old 04-01-2010, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
jonweitzel
Noob

2007 Xterra
Update fellas:

After taking it to the Nissan dealer, they decided to "good will" it and repaired my truck for free.
2007 Xterra
post #9 of 12 Old 04-01-2010, 03:54 PM
soccerbrace
blah blah blah

soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold
Yeah well that is what they should do.

Photobucket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeze View Post
There's only a select few members that don't have a problem cutting up their X... and I believe there all in Colorado.
post #10 of 12 Old 04-02-2010, 01:21 AM
TrailSkater
Noob

2005 Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonweitzel View Post
Update fellas:

After taking it to the Nissan dealer, they decided to "good will" it and repaired my truck for free.
WTF?!?! What did you say??? I spent hours on the phone with those guys and they had nothing to say to help me out They pretty much said I was on my own until they put it on a recall list. Any advice would be really appreciated! Do I need to go to a different dealership and play dumb all over again?
2005 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.