High Idle Problem ?!?! - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 03-16-2010, 08:41 AM
djjab57

2006 Xterra
djjab57 is on a distinguished road
Question High Idle Problem ?!?!

OK here it is, I cleaned my TB this weekend and it was black inside. Im guessing oil from the K&N filter, anyway got it all shiny and clean using TB cleaner and now i have a high idle. I disconnected the battery tring to reset the computer no change. Drove it for a few hundred miles and no change, I did take it back apart and noticed that the TB was not shutting all the way. I dont know if there is a way to adjust the TB blades threw the IAC but thats why im here, Looking for a little help. When in park im sitting around 1500 rpm and in drive im at a 100 rpm. Any help would be great, And the only code im getting is high RPM

06 Xterra S, No mods done but im sure once i start seeing the things everyone on here are doing I will start

Last edited by djjab57; 03-18-2010 at 04:21 PM.
2006 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-17-2010, 08:17 AM
struggle
Seasoned

2004 Xterra
struggle is on a distinguished road
take a look and make sure everything is put back right, hoses, vacuum, electrical connections etc. makes sure there is no pc of rag or crud keeping the throttle plate open.

When i cleaned my TB on my o4 my idle increased, but in a good way. Better consistant smoother idle.
2004 Xterra
#3 Old 03-17-2010, 12:49 PM
MAsuperchargedX
Seasoned

MAsuperchargedX is on a distinguished road
you can manually adjust it with the idle control valve... but I'm not sure you are supposed to do it that way.. now mine idles too low and stutters at stop lights in drive - wish I knew a fix!

2003 Supercharged SE 3.3L XTerra Black
#4 Old 03-17-2010, 01:19 PM
djjab57

2006 Xterra
All my lines are attached, I double checked but i didnt have to remove any to clean the tb. When the car is started and in park the RPM is at 1500, Ill look into adjusting ICA

06 Xterra S, No mods done but im sure once i start seeing the things everyone on here are doing I will start

Last edited by djjab57; 03-18-2010 at 04:21 PM.
2006 Xterra
#5 Old 03-18-2010, 04:08 PM
dmcc

2000 Xterra
dmcc is on a distinguished road
did you take off the electrical connectors for the throttle position sensor TPS, there are 2 of them one on top of the other, did they go back in the correct position?
2000 Xterra
#6 Old 03-18-2010, 04:23 PM
djjab57

2006 Xterra
I didnt unhook them, just pulled the air inlet tube and sprayed the TB

2006 Xterra
#7 Old 05-28-2010, 10:30 AM
djjab57

2006 Xterra
Hey guys i still cant seem to figure this out, Maybe some one else will see this and can help me out. Whats weird is some times it will go back to normal after i drive a little bit and sometimes it doesn't. when i start the idle is @1500 RPM's and in gear its @1100 or 1000 RPM's. Its now screwing up a u joint on the trans i believe, cause when i put it in gear and the idle is so high it makes a clank sound from the drive shaft. And when driving at slower speeds or slowing down i hear the clang like the drive shaft is loose

2006 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.