Off-road no longer offered with "integrated - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 03-13-2010, 09:20 AM
pajacobsen

2010 Xterra
pajacobsen is on a distinguished road
Off-road no longer offered with "integrated

////// UPDATE BELOW. UPDATE BELOW. UPDATE BELOW. \\\\\

Hello All,

Ordered a new Off-road. The dealer is now telling me that, as of 3/3-2010, the Off-road no longer comes with the "integrated" navigation system.

Have you heard anything about this?

Best,

pajacobsen

////// UPDATE \\\\\\

It did, indeed, appear that the manufacturing of the quasi built-in navigation system was EOL on in March 2010. However, my dealer was able to find parts (the cradle and the system) in inventory and installed it, so I should be good.

My current challenge is to figure out if they installed the cradle correctly (see my thread on this point).

Best,

pajacobsen

P.S. I have the '10 Maxima, and I think the (top-of-the-line) electronics package is outstanding, including the GPS system (except that the GPS system talks too much (bla-bla-bla). If Nissan decides to put that in the X', it will make a for a great value-add. How it stands up to the rough-and-tumble OR crowd's day-to-day treatment is, of course, another matter.

Last edited by pajacobsen; 04-08-2010 at 06:00 AM. Reason: UPDATE
2010 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-13-2010, 10:48 AM
elmerew

2009 OR Xterra
elmerew is on a distinguished road
No. But since Garmin no longer produces the Nuvi 750, which is the integrated unit, this is probably when Nissan will run out of their inventory.
2009 OR Xterra
#3 Old 03-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Fzzt

2009 OR Xterra
Fzzt has a spectacular aura about them Fzzt has a spectacular aura about them
For my 09 they only offered the 'technology package' as a free upgrade so they probably have something else up their sleeve for the 2011's.

Traded in all my project cars for a new Xterra, not an ounce of buyers remorse. My build thread
2009 OR Xterra
#4 Old 03-13-2010, 02:20 PM
J Everett
Phreak

2008 Xterra
J Everett is a jewel in the rough J Everett is a jewel in the rough J Everett is a jewel in the rough
Maybe the Xterra will be getting the $400 in-dash nav option that the Sentra is getting.

http://www.autotropolis.com/auto-ind...ra-models.html

--Jason

My 2008 Super Black SE "The Elephant"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclemut View Post
The ass of my ride will swap ends faster than the OP will fail an English class.
2008 Xterra
#5 Old 03-13-2010, 04:28 PM
TJTJ
Sage Mentor/Moderator

TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold
Talking

With the inexpensive portable options now out, its a waste to have a permanent mount as part of the dash, that will be obsolete in a couple of years, etc.

-TJ

TJ's Build Thread ---> http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11532

DIYS http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16434

2001 Xterra SE, 2003 V6, 5 spd, Shrock Sliders, Bumpers and Skids, Warn 9.5xp Winch w/125' MasterPull II, OBA w/4Gal Tank & 4 CFM Compressor, Revolver Shackles, Deaver 3-Pack + Calmini 2-Pack + OEM Leaves, Bilstein 5150, SLR UCA, Diff Drop, 3" SL, 2" BL, 33x13.5/16 LTB's, Snorkel, Electric Fan Swap, etc...
#6 Old 03-13-2010, 06:05 PM
J Everett
Phreak

2008 Xterra
J Everett is a jewel in the rough J Everett is a jewel in the rough J Everett is a jewel in the rough
I agree. That's why I love my Nuvi. It was cheap, easily upgradable, and I won't feel bad replacing it in a couple of years.

--Jason

Quote:
The ass of my ride will swap ends faster than the OP will fail an English class.
2008 Xterra
#7 Old 03-15-2010, 09:20 AM
armtx

2006 6spd Xterra
armtx is on a distinguished road
GPS is NOW for mall crawlers who cant find their way around their own town. What ever happend to looking at map and finding your way around...that was so much FUN!
2006 6spd Xterra
#8 Old 03-15-2010, 09:29 AM
drbandkgb
nXm3 Sept 2013

2000 Xterra
drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold
Whats a map? As a Land Surveyor.. its a double edged sword.. I enjoy making maps...
and I enjoy using my GPS to get me to the next job... What people dont know is..the current GPS tech.. is obsolete I forget the date but they are upgrading to a new signal
And I know with our current GPS equipment it will not work.. So I have a feeling the little gps boxes wont use the new signal either
2000 Xterra
#9 Old 03-15-2010, 10:00 AM
J Everett
Phreak

2008 Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbandkgb View Post
Whats a map? As a Land Surveyor.. its a double edged sword.. I enjoy making maps...
and I enjoy using my GPS to get me to the next job... What people dont know is..the current GPS tech.. is obsolete I forget the date but they are upgrading to a new signal
And I know with our current GPS equipment it will not work.. So I have a feeling the little gps boxes wont use the new signal either
That's gonna make for some really expensive upgrades in survey gear.

--Jason

Quote:
2008 Xterra
#10 Old 03-15-2010, 10:34 AM
drbandkgb
nXm3 Sept 2013

2000 Xterra
drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Everett View Post
That's gonna make for some really expensive upgrades in survey gear.
YEP! Money money!
2000 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.