Driver side power window!!! - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 01-24-2010, 09:25 AM
coastx
Noob

2006 Xterra
coastx is on a distinguished road
Driver side power window!!!

Alright, I have experienced the pain of Xterra windows in the past but this a new one for me. I went to put my window down at work on friday and when I hit the auto down switch it only went 3/4 of the way down. No worries it's 0500 and I thought maybe I just hit the button, until it happened again when I went to put my window down again. When I went to put my window up I got nothing. No motor noise at all. I replaced the swicth because I had a similar problem on my 00 Xterra, but that did not fix it. All of the other windows work, I was able to slide the glass up by hand so I dont think it's off the tracks. Do the windows have independant fuses? I'm trying to rule out everything before I repalce the motor. Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me. You always seem to have the answers

Last edited by coastx; 01-24-2010 at 09:45 AM.
2006 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-24-2010, 10:21 AM
dejablue

2002&2003 Xterra
dejablue will become famous soon enough dejablue will become famous soon enough
all on the same fuse . has any water or snow got on the switch ?
2002&2003 Xterra
#3 Old 01-24-2010, 01:07 PM
coastx
Noob

2006 Xterra
I live in NOLA now so it is likely that rain got on the switch. I replaced the switch yesterday. guess my next step is see if the motor is getting power. I will have to wait untill i get to work to do that
2006 Xterra
#4 Old 01-25-2010, 01:33 PM
rockyxterra
Seasoned

2005 Xterra
rockyxterra is on a distinguished road
im having the same problem on my 05 the window wouldnt go up and i went to pull the panel off and the window went up by its self so ....i replaced my switch and nothing...

2005 white xterra
2005 Xterra
#5 Old 01-25-2010, 02:16 PM
soccerbrace
blah blah blah

soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold
The switch is a 5 position switch I beleive, as in it has an auto up and an auto down.

To me, it sounds like the regulator, but try a reset before you spring for a new one.

Here is how you reset it:

1. Manually (do not go all the way down to auto), go all the way down.
2. Go all the way UP manually (NOT AUTO!) and hold the switch the whole time. When it is in the fully up position hold the switch for another 4 seconds (count slow). Do not let go of the switch. After 4 seconds, try to go down, and see what happens.

Photobucket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeze View Post
There's only a select few members that don't have a problem cutting up their X... and I believe there all in Colorado.
#6 Old 01-25-2010, 04:29 PM
raiderfernie
Seasoned

2001 Xterra
raiderfernie is on a distinguished road
sounds like the motor to me.
2001 Xterra
#7 Old 01-25-2010, 05:48 PM
coastx
Noob

2006 Xterra
looks like I'll be springing for the new regulator and motor. I went by NAPA after work and they said it's a dealer part, I think I can order one from Advanced. If anyone has a good place let me know. Thanks for everyones help.
2006 Xterra
#8 Old 01-25-2010, 05:56 PM
soccerbrace
blah blah blah

soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold
Did you try what I recommended?

Photobucket
Quote:
There's only a select few members that don't have a problem cutting up their X... and I believe there all in Colorado.
#9 Old 01-25-2010, 06:19 PM
coastx
Noob

2006 Xterra
soccerbrace,
I can't get the window to move at all unless I slide it down with my hands, and the motor will not make any noise. Do you think it will be worthwhile to have someone else manipulate the switch while I muscle the window down and back up? I will try just about anything before I drop money on a new motor.
2006 Xterra
#10 Old 01-26-2010, 11:32 AM
soccerbrace
blah blah blah

Yeah, I would do that first, Also, I would take the door panel off and have a look see before purchasing anything.

Photobucket
Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.