Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Rosch's Xterra

11K views 48 replies 24 participants last post by  xtacular 
#1 ·
Well I bought my Aztec Red 2000 Xterra SE back in August 2009 for 4k otd. Pretty pleased with that price. It was bone stock and needed all the general maintenance that a vehicle requires at 130k miles.

After a few months it looks like this.

I've tinted the windows, painted all my plastics, painted the roof rack, threw on some BFG A/T KOs, and had creepy make some replacement Xterra stickers for my rack.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the way it looks. Got some bilsteins for Christmas which should be going on shortly. Also hoping to get a pml on in the near future.

Heres a few more pictures since I've already got them on photobucket...

See less See more
#2 ·
Dude....nice X. Paint the rims dude! That will look bad ass.

#3 ·
I'm pulling them off in a few days to paint them black. I'll probably do it while I have them off to put my new shocks on, but it'll depend on how much time I have.

Trying to decide if I want to paint my front calipers red or not while I'm at it....

#4 ·
Sounds good dude. What paint are you gonna use?

If you do you calipers...make sure you use caliper paint.

You gonna do a PML?

#5 ·
For the wheels, I'll primer the heck out of them, then shoot them with duplicolor gloss black wheel paint and a few coats of clear coat. Or something similar...

PML is high on my to do list, but if I don't get it done soon, it'll have to wait til the end of soccer season.

#7 ·
Put on my Bilsteins today. Thought I'd throw up some pix. If anyone has questions or needs help installing new shocks, shoot me a pm and I'll gladly help you out now that I've done it.

And finally, the carnage. Shocks are 10 years old with 135k miles on them. Definitely time for new ones... The wheels in the background are off of an old pathfinder and are the same size as stock. Got them for free, but not sure if I'll use them.

#10 ·
I can tell a difference with just the little bit of driving I've done so far, so it was worth the 5 hours it took me and my dad to do it earlier today.

As for the wheels, I can't decide if I want to paint mine, use the pathys as they are, or paint the pathys. Those wheels just seem too nice to paint over...

Thoughts?

#16 ·
your truck looks sweet, good price too! the paint you did on the bumpers, trim, and roof rack looks great (as does the new sticker). if you don't mind me asking, what kind of paint did you use? did you hafta get some kinda primer with flex agent in it too? something for me to keep in mind for the future if i scoop that 2001 tomorrow...

#19 ·
I did all the plastic with gloss black Rustoleum plastic trim paint. No primer required.

However, I did the roof rack, metal bumpers, and tow hitch with Rustoleum gloss black metal paint. I used Rustoleum Rust Stop primer on the metal parts.

I'll try to throw up some painting pix later. I know I have some around here somewhere...

#20 ·
Alright, here are some pix from when I was painting. Sorry they are crappy, my cell phone was all I had around at the time

Truck stripped down -

Cleaning everything in the driveway -

Painting in the backyard, assembly line style -

And some sound system ones while I'm at it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.