post #1 of 6 Old 08-25-2009, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
OffRoadWanderer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
08 OffRoad Xterra
OffRoadWanderer is on a distinguished road
Hot and Wet Passenger Side Floorboard?

I own a 08 XTerra Off Road and recently noticed the passenger side floorboard was unusually hot. I would like to know if this is normal or if something is wrong? Wondering if the heat is from the exhaust? I know when I had a C5 Vette the center console area got hot from the exhaust due to thin insulation. Also, the same area has been damp off and on. Is it possible I'm getting water backed up from the A/C or something else? Or do I simply have a leak somewhere? Thanks.
08 OffRoad Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-25-2009, 09:17 PM
json3904
ADMIN

2000 Xterra
json3904 has much to be proud of json3904 has much to be proud of json3904 has much to be proud of json3904 has much to be proud of json3904 has much to be proud of json3904 has much to be proud of json3904 has much to be proud of json3904 has much to be proud of
i would say you have a leak.... but i do not own a 2nd gen X so i couldn't help you look for the problem....

**New site rules and guidelines** Click Here
2000 Xterra
post #3 of 6 Old 08-25-2009, 10:21 PM
soccerbrace
blah blah blah

soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold
Is it coolant?

Photobucket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeze View Post
There's only a select few members that don't have a problem cutting up their X... and I believe there all in Colorado.
post #4 of 6 Old 08-25-2009, 11:02 PM
J Everett
Phreak

2008 Xterra
J Everett is a jewel in the rough J Everett is a jewel in the rough J Everett is a jewel in the rough
I would imagine the heat is from the transfer case or transmission and the dampness is condensation from the AC vents dripping on the floor. Do you notice the dampness after the AC has been blowing cold for a long while? I know it's been hot up in New England a lot lately. How's the humidity been?

Either that or your heater core is leaking coolant. But you should be able to identify that by smell.

--Jason

My 2008 Super Black SE "The Elephant"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclemut View Post
The ass of my ride will swap ends faster than the OP will fail an English class.

Last edited by J Everett; 08-25-2009 at 11:19 PM.
2008 Xterra
post #5 of 6 Old 08-29-2009, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
OffRoadWanderer

08 OffRoad Xterra
OffRoadWanderer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Everett View Post
I would imagine the heat is from the transfer case or transmission and the dampness is condensation from the AC vents dripping on the floor. Do you notice the dampness after the AC has been blowing cold for a long while? I know it's been hot up in New England a lot lately. How's the humidity been?

Either that or your heater core is leaking coolant. But you should be able to identify that by smell.
Ok. If the heat is from the transfer case and/or transmission is this something that is normal? I am not getting an overheat light of any kind. As for the dampness....it does not smell like coolant so I highly doubt that's it. It could be condensation from the A/C as I have been using it. However, wouldn't the driver's side be damp as well?

Any other suggestions/answers? Thanks.
08 OffRoad Xterra
post #6 of 6 Old 05-31-2010, 06:29 PM
pavement fever
Noob

2007 S Xterra
pavement fever is on a distinguished road
The exhaust does run underneath the passenger side floor board and even with the heat shield my 07 xterra does get a little warm. I also noticed the my dampness issue was caused from the drainage valve from the AC. The drain water would run along the exiting pipe and circle back into the firewall causing the carpet to become damp after running the AC. I ended up taking a small hose extender to the end of the exiting valve to stop the water from flowing along the pipe back into the firewall. I hope this is clear I can send pictures of the fix if needed.

Damian
2007 S Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.