Nissan XTerra Forum banner

How to get the black color in the bumpers back?

21K views 36 replies 26 participants last post by  katart23 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok so when I got this truck the guy had bed liner on the bumper which looks pretty good but its coming off everytime I wash it more of the bed liner comes off in spots. I was wondering if you can touch up bed liner or if I should try painting in a matte black or even trying plastidip (rubber paint).
So when I get paid Im gonna try touching it up if that don't work what else is there anyone have suggestions as to what they have done I would like it to last a year or two.

Its no problem if I have to take all the bedliner off I can spray it off with a hose so what ill do is pressure wash all of it off and wet sand afterwards. Hell I might try painting the rims black and painting the step bars or whatever you call them though I might just remove them its a dark green I think its called hunter green so I think the whole green and black would look good.

2000 Nissan xterra v6 4x4 auto.

#34 ·
I have a 01 X in solar yellow and the trim plastics are a dark gray Is there a paint code for the trim color? I was involved in a minor accident back in 2011 and the repair shop painted the bumper (steel) and the valance underneath (plastic) the same color. Now the valance has faded to a light gray. I would like to restore/paint in the original color. Any body have any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.