Nissan Xterra’s Future to be Decided Within a Year - Page 2 - Nissan Xterra Forum

post #11 of 18 Old 08-28-2014, 10:57 AM
anthonyallred

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Keep the X alive Nissan!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 09-04-2014, 01:53 PM
lhuynh
Noob

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2001 Xterra

i agreed with chris. it is a very safe and reliable suv. my 2001 xterra has reached 300,000 miles and it is still going strong. i hope nissan will not axe it like toyota did to their fj cruiser.
2001 Xterra
post #13 of 18 Old 09-09-2014, 05:56 PM
NoWhining
Veteran

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
2003 Xterra

Just did 25 miles of "primitive" road so I could avoid the interstate. It was brilliant, no other cars, just wild life, dust and streams. It took the same or longer than going the road bound route, but it was way more fun. It could have been done in a jeep but the ride wouldn't have been as good. It might (emphasis on MIGHT) have been done in a lesser "suv" such as the outback, but it wouldn't have been as much fun with the fear of getting stuck.
Subaru used to sell the RX Turbo sedan and wagon with shift on the fly dual range and a 5 speed manual. I had one and while quite capable off road; it couldn't hold a candle to what the X can do.

I hope the X gets a "Gen 3" that proves the third time is a charm.

When Hell Freezes Over, I'll Ski There Too!!
2003 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 Old 09-10-2014, 07:02 PM
cchhaadd35
Noob

I bought my 2014 x because it was the only thing on the market i could find that could handle a hunting/fishing/kayaking lifestyle. I hope it doesn't die as well because i really love this thing. I get about 18-20 mpg out of it which is plenty. I can pull 5000 lbs and my boat only ways 2500. I do hope if they keep it around they find a way to keep the same size. I never really cared for the first gen x because i thought they were too small. A diesel would be very nice and i heard that they were putting those into the titans soon so that may be a very real possibility. I hope to get many years out of this vehicle and it would be nice to get another one in the future
post #15 of 18 Old 09-11-2014, 11:10 AM
triumph 1050
Noob

I bought my 2008 Xterra in 2009 because I needed a boat/trailer towing vehicle. What I got was a road-smooth, road noise quiet, essentially bare-bones SUV. I don't drive it like I stole it, and on the road I get almost 25mpg. Honest. I traded-in a 2004 RAV4. Nice car but noisy and front wheel drive. And maybe a couple of mpgs more. (I don't like FWD: poor traction on ice and gravel. It's a great engineering way to minimize assembly time at the factory. When BMW and MB change all their designs to FWD, I'll begin to believe in it.) I don't need a lot of gingerbread destined to fall off or fail, and the Xterra satisfies. The idea of a diesel has a lot of merit. It needs to remain in the Nissan family.
post #16 of 18 Old 03-15-2015, 11:07 PM
pofromchgo
Noob

Garage
2015 is Xterra's Last year....

So Nissan announced last month that this is the last year the Xterra's are going to be produced..I am bummed about that because I love my Xterra. I am glad that I was able to pick up an new one before its too late. There are a bunch of great new features on the new Xterra's including Bluetooth, Navigation, Back up Camera, Heated Seats, and a thermometer in the Mirror to name a few.
post #17 of 18 Old 03-01-2016, 09:56 AM
NorCal Explorer

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2001 Xterra

Smile Diesel Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by :) View Post
There is a way to get good mpg and still have a tough rugged body on frame SUV. The nissan navara with the 2.7l turbo diesel gets at worst 26mpg and the navara is basically the exact same thing as the xterra. I have read guys with 33s and at full tow capacity getting 28mpg. It's so simple. Put a diesel in the X and give us our small rugged SUV.

There is a reason diesels are super popular in Europe. They even will beat the mpg of hybrids. The Toyota Prius gets at best in the all time best conditions 45mpg. The diesel vw polo in Europe will get 70mpg easy. Even the twin turbo v6 diesel you can get in some jags in Europe will do nearly 50mpg.

My dream xterra would be a turbo diesel sas'd from factory and shrunk back to the gen 1 size and super basic but tough as nails.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yes, a turbo diesel Xterra would be nice. I am hoping someone would make a conversion kit so I can drop a turbo diesel in my 1st gen Xterra, but unfortunately that will never happen.
2001 Xterra
post #18 of 18 Old 03-01-2016, 10:32 AM
Akuria
Phreak

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
2004 Xterra

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Explorer View Post
Yes, a turbo diesel Xterra would be nice. I am hoping someone would make a conversion kit so I can drop a turbo diesel in my 1st gen Xterra, but unfortunately that will never happen.
There isn't a kit per se BUT a couple guys have done a Nissan TD27 turbo diesel swap and as swaps go it's fairly straight forward. The Xterra is basically built for that motor and almost drops straight in.
2004 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.