Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Post Storage Mx

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  birddog01 
#1 ·
Hello,

I just recently removed my 2002 SE S/C (68K) out of four years storage. After replacing the battery, belts, fluids and an appointment with a detail shop it looks good and seems to be running great. My only concern is that after a ride on the interstate I only got 150 miles out of a full tank and the exhaust is a bit excessive. I am caulking it up to 20 degree temps and four year old fuel. I figure after a few full tanks of premium it should be back to normal.

Any additional suggestions on any maintenance I should perform to get my X back on track?

Thanks

#2 ·
Yea. I would definantly chalk that up to 4 year old fuel.

Fuel is only supposed to be "good" for like 6 months max. I would fill her up with some good fuel and then see what happens.

Based on the age of the belt I would also advise doing the timing belt change soon. Normally it is rated at 10 years or 105,000 miles whichever comes first. Seeing as how you had the X sitting for 4 years at 12,000 miles a year your looking at over 116K miles and age wise your looking at 11 Years. So Withing the next 6 months I would recommend changing it. The sooner the better. The biggest wear factor on Rubber and Nylon is AGE not necessarily useage.

#3 ·
Geez! With 4 year old fuel I'm shocked it runs at all much less great.
Aside from ShiftingSky's advice (which should be heeded). You already did the Bat, belts and fluids so I'd say regular "tune up" stuff like plugs/wires/cap n rotor, air and fuel filters and PCV valve should be next in order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.