Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Slow Power Windows

16K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  snunicycler 
#1 ·
hey guys hope you can help me w/ this. bought my X used and since day 1 the windows have always been slow to roll up. seems to go slower when i try to roll up more then 1 window at a time. any idea wht might be up? with the motor running i'd say the driver front window takes an average of 7-8 seconds to roll all the way up from all the way down. even more so when i try to roll up more windows.

#7 · (Edited)
There was a service bulletin about this on 1st gens years ago but I can’t find it, sorry. I had mine changed under warranty. It’s most likely the regulator, if you're not covered, you can get one from autozone or the like, instructions in a Haynes manual. It can be changed out fairly easily (hour or two).

#9 ·
Found it, from Nissan;
"Nissan has initiated this window regulator Warranty Etension to cover repairs needed to correct defects in materials or workmanship in this system for a period of up to five (5) years from the vehicle in-service date or 60,000 miles whichever occurs first. Should your vehicle require a window regulator repair, Nissan will replace the window regulators in all four doors of Altima and Xterra models. For Frontier models, Nissan will replace the Window regulators in the front doors only. The rear doors of Crew Cab models are not affected.

Because extended high temperature conditions affect the window regulators, in the following warm weather areas of the United States window regulators will be replaced:

Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
Southern California
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Missouri
Mississippi
N. Carolina
New Mexico
Nevada
Oklahoma
S. Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Utah"

#13 ·
Don’t tell them it’s “a tad slow”. Tell them that “most of the time it does not work”. Also I’ve heard that if you have the records of service from before the warranty expired and somewhere within them there is a complaint about slow windows you may be grandfathered in.

#14 ·
Anyone ever find a solution to this? My rear driver side is doing this. It appears Nissan felt this was only a problem with front doors and only in certain warmer states. I'm in CO and know the car has always been in CO. I still have the issue. Does changing the regulator work to fix the problem?

#15 ·
clean out between the window and the door, mine had a bunch of dirt and gunk in it that seemed to slow it down and that (might have) helped a little. I THINK i remember seeing people post about spraying silicone to speed it up a bit but in I'm in Oklahoma and we only have about 6 weeks of windows down weather per year (the rest of the time it's <60 or >90) so i haven't really worked on it too much, just leave mine up. I did one search but didn't see anything in the first page of results but search around, you might find something about the silicone...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.