Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Florida Ride Hardrock May 17th

8K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  Tenzen 
#1 · (Edited)
Florida Ride Hardrock Ocala Sunday May 17th.

This post was updated 4-8-15

On Sunday May 17th a group us will be heading up to Hardrock in Ocala. Hardrock is one of the best off-roading destinations in our state. It has sections that can challenge a veteran drive in a well-built vehicle. It also has less intense sections and lines for those with less experience and mildly built or even stock vehicles. If you ever thought about going to Hardrock but were afraid to go because you thought it might be too extreme this would be a good run to attend. We will have several Hardrock veterans attending that will help guide and look out for those with less experience. If you have any questions about Hardrock post them or P.M. me.

Saturday May 16th Ocala National Forest Ride????
I was planning on heading up to Ocala on Saturday and getting a hotel room. If there is enough interest I would consider heading up Friday night and doing an informal ride in the forest on Saturday.

Hardrock: 6849 N.W. Gainesville Road Ocala, FL 34475 Phone 352-732-6697
Park Fee: $25.00 Per Vehicle Per Day
Hardrock offers camp sites at reasonable price. They also Hardrock specials at local hotels.

http://www.hardrockmx.com/

Ride Time:
Hardrock Opens at 10:00 Let’s target getting everyone signed in and ready to roll by 10:30-10:45.

Ride Requirements/Recommendations.

4WD is Strongly Recommended
Front & Rear Recover Points (at least one is required)

I like to keep a ride list. If you are planning on going or thinking about please post or P.M. me.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Ride List as of 5-13-15

Confirmed:
Yell-X
Frogstar
Eddieb
02X-terra
Sangster
Banksy......Plus 8 to 11 friends
cpalk9.......Plus 2 Tacoma Buddies
bhuddafunk
Mizz4X4
banq.........Plus 2?
Frontier Facebook 5 to 6...Some might already be on this list.

Maybes:
Eahrayo
Timrich
Handb94
Joelo
banq
Zerogravity
tommyxterra
KittenStckz

#3 ·
I'm in.

#8 ·
I have a few more maybes, some weak and some strong.

I need to update my first post on the ride threads to give people more information. Once I do that I will start sending out e-mail PMs and make phone calls. We should pick up more people.

#10 ·
It will be fun.

As we get closer to the ride date you could ask to see if anyone has an open seat. You could be some ones co-pilot and spotter. As long as you do not bring you X into Hardrock it will not cost you anything to get in.

#12 ·
How difficult are the trails there?
Hardrock can be as easy or difficult as you want it to be.
There are hillclimbs there that I'll never be able to do,rock gardens that I'll never be able to do.
But there is a lot of stuff a bone stock X can do.

Well worth the trip.

#13 ·
Hardrock can be as easy or difficult as you want it to be.
There are hillclimbs there that I'll never be able to do,rock gardens that I'll never be able to do.
But there is a lot of stuff a bone stock X can do.

Well worth the trip.
If I had 4wd i would be there in a heartbeat.
But I have 2wd and 3 street tires, so im not sure if i would be able to hop and bounce my way, through hardrock.

#14 ·
If I had 4wd i would be there in a heartbeat.
But I have 2wd and 3 street tires, so im not sure if i would be able to hop and bounce my way, through hardrock.
So ride with someone.
I'll have an open seat.

#19 ·
Some maybe's need to commit.
Everyone always complained how everything is jeep oriented and here's an Xterra event in our backyard.

#20 ·
Some of the maybes will make it and I bet there are at least a couple of others that are planning on going that I do not have on the list. I am not sure how many more we will pick up but I would think the list will grow before ride date.

#21 ·
Coming up.

#24 ·
It's here people.
Let's tear up some dirt!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.