Nissan XTerra Forum banner

2000 Xterra, cruise control, speedometer, odometer, and OD switch out.

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  raybrant 
#1 ·
I bought a 2000 Xterra in July the speedometer, odometer, cruise control and overdrive switch are all non-functional. Firestone ran codes and came up with a speed sensor code, when I replaced it, the one I took off looked brand new but I replaced it anyway. No change, also with the overdrive switch on the shifter not functioning and cruise control not working it seems more like an electrical issue than a mechanical piece. Cruise control light comes on but doesn't work. Its the 6 cylinder, automatic, 2 wheel drive. Any ideas?
BTW I'm new here but ran a search for similar issues but didn't find anything that corresponded close enough.
Thanks

#2 ·
I'd look for a fuse and/or loose ground strap for the dash.

#4 ·
Definitely something up with your Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS). I fried mine back when I had my 350Z and the same components you mentioned ceased to function. Double and triple check the wires from it and the grounds. Trace the wires to the control box and test that out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.