Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Help finding Xterra bumper

23K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  divdsky03 
#1 ·
I've been doing some research to find a new bumper for my X and all the ones ive found don't interest me and/or are way to expensive... I have found a few but have hit a few road blocks...

i found this X with a stinger bumper on a Yota forum
http://www.yotatech.com/attachments/f116/75618d1251079006-new-addicted-bumper-xterra-bumper3.jpg

But the outfit doesnt sell one specifically for the Xterra
This type of bumper is exactly what I want to find

Calmini sells a nice bumper for the Frontier
http://www.purenissan.com/pre-runner_bumper.htm
Would this fit my X with little or no modification?

If anyone can shed light on this subject, is selling a tube bumper or knows where to find one please let me know

#3 ·
First one I believe is custom the truck belongs to Odin member on Ronin. The second one will it fit...who knows. It could be made to fit, anything will fit with enough fab work, question is do you want to do that much work? You could always give it a shot. Xterror04 adapted a bumper from a Toyota to make it fit on his truck.

Past that you are fabbing one yourself, what I did, or find a local fabricator to make one to your specs.

Mine

#4 ·
yea that is Odin. i talked to a fab shop about one like that and they said like 375 or somethin

#8 ·
Mine was right around $240 for the steel. If you are going to do it yourself don't forget the tubing bender.
Good point.. it would look alot cleaner with bends instead of butt joints

didnt fab anything on my Mustang so im new to the whole thing... but I gotta learn sometime

so what kind of tubing bender would you recommend

#9 ·

didnt fab anything on my Mustang so im new to the whole thing... but I gotta learn sometime

Mine was built using a JD2 Model 32 manual bender....but really any stand type manual or hydraulic bender will work. Keep an eye out for them used and they can be had for a fairly reasonable price.

A demo video for the model 32

#10 ·
Mine

[/QUOTE]

You should so build me one like that lol I love that bumper with the holes in the plating and the mesh it looks awesome

#12 ·

It is costly compared to getting straight 20' sticks but you can get mandrel bent sections of tub in just about any material/diameter/bend radius. Would probably be cheaper than buying a tubing bender if you don't do this work very much.

#22 ·
Aren't the front ends the same on the xterra and frontier? Has anyone asked calmini if the bumper would fit?
I don't think they are. But I'm sure they aren't too far off. I sold my brother my fronty so if I remember I will check next time I see him.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.