3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  SammyM68 
#1 ·
What's up CX,

Some info to start....

01' SE.
Automatic.
150k Miles.
Timing Belt Service done (Dec. 2011.).
Radiator Flush, Thermostat and Hoses changed yesterday (Nov.7).

Ok, this problem started yesterday (before I brought to the shop to get my Heating issue done) and this morning.

When leaving first thing in the morning, after it has been warmed up 10 min or so, then driving up the same hill/road doing about 35-40 mph for about a min or so, then approaching a stop, as I slow down, I hear a sound that is compared to, let's see, a "when your rotors are warped and stopping from full speed" noise, like a vibration, then when almost at full stop, it starts to bog-out and then shuts off.

Then it starts up fine with no problems and continues as if nothing is wrong, even coming to the next stops and such.

Thoughts, help???

Thanks in advance.

Cris.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hmm that is a funky problem.

Could be a sensor. Make sure your air filter is clean and then take it over to an Autozone like place and see if they'll check for any codes the computer might be throwing. If a sensor isn't reading airflow or something similar properly then it could stall out the engine.

Since it clears up after it turns back on until the next day it could be something electrical. I'd definitely start with a code reading and see if that returns anything.

#7 ·
my 2001 has a weird rough idle once it is warm and on occasion will stall at idle. Most of what I have read from other owners is that the distributors go on the early X's. Mine runs so smooth all other times. I thought it was a fuel supply problem but that would be more constant and I have replaced everything else.. Next step will be to try the distributor.

So far all the work I have done has been a labor of love.. or a hobby do as much work myself
If anyone else has thoughts on this rough idle issue let us know.
Again I have replaced plugs, cap, rotor, plug wires, timing belt, fuel filter, water pump, thermostat, air filter. other then idle run perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.