Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1st Oil Change 2012 Xterra

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Orphanboy 
#1 ·
I have had an Xterra previously to this new one that I just bought as well as a 2010 Rogue. Both of them required the initial oil change at 1600km's, free of charge from the dealer and then would pick up the standard schedule of maintenance every 6000km's. They are telling me now that I do not need to bring in the new one until 6000km's for the 1st Oil Change. Seems like a radical change, with over 4000km's difference. Should I have the Oil Changed at 1600km's?

#4 ·
they went higher because they switched to synthetic, but i would do a smaller interval for awhile, then do what you feel is right, i do 6k miles with my oil change, synthetic pennzoil platinum and i get my tires rotated the afternoon of the oil change

#6 ·
Tenbears,

I am as old school as it gets. I changed the factory oil at about 600 miles with a Nissan filter and Penzoil Dinosaur oil. I did that again at 2500 miles.

Then, switched to Mobil 1 5w-30 (as reccomended) and a new filter every 5k miles after that. I have switched between Bosch filters and Nissan filters since then also.

Not a real oil killer. I am about 50/50 trails and highway. Did Engineer Pass and Cinammon Pass in Colorado a few times. Never had any problems.

Also have 3 Schrockworks plates. Definitely worth the money!

Jeff

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.