Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Rausch 1/5/13

6K views 41 replies 14 participants last post by  blackx09 
#1 · (Edited)
2013 NEXTerra Northern eXposure Run

I plan to make, what has for me become, an annual pilgrimage celebrating the eighth anniversary of the famous XF Ice Storm Run into the Pennsylvania mountains at Rausch Creek Off Road Park for a bit of Off-road fun. (Yeah, yeah that’s right, I said “EIGHTH” ya young whippersnapper)
The plan is to be in the Rausch Creek parking area on Saturday, January 5th, 2013 by ~830 and on the trail before ~930 with a few other likeminded maniacs.
Details on the NEXTerra board HERE.

#8 ·
I hate you guys being so close to awesome places like Rausch. I would love to go up there, but it would be $300+ in gas to get there and back and the wife would never go for that much less food and a hotel on top of that. Not to mention finding someone to watch my kid while I am gone (stay at home dad). I havnt even been able to find the time to get to Uwharrie, and I have been trying to get down there for months now.

#10 ·
Can’t promise that nothing will happen but Keith said he would lead a “Green” group so that would be relatively tame.

#11 · (Edited)
This run is now part of the 2013 NEXTerra Northern eXposure Run

The most active Xterra Club in the North-East, your friends and the Supporting Members of NEXTerra
will be hosting another dual location event!

January 5th, 2013 @ Rausch Creek
453 Molleystown Road, Tremont, PA

January 12th, 2013 @ Gremlin Graveyard in South-Central, MA

We're also ordering event shirts. If you would like one, please include your shirt size in your post
The cost is $25.00 S-XL. Add $5.00 for 2XL.
The cutoff time for this will be Saturday, December 15th, 2012 when the order will be placed with the printer. Payment Options: PayPal, Check or Cash
Details, shirt order and sign up HERE.

#15 ·
Green for me I'm a rookie for wheeling in the snow so I don't know what to expect

Mark Ive been way too busy to do anything with my skids. but I nabbed a set of these I will be modding to fit the X to atleast cover my oil pan ,diff and transfer . It's from a 98 GMC jimmy they are very thick aluminum I post up pics of my progress when I get them on ...

#23 ·
I'm trying to go but I've got some big problems going on up front do to my piss poor attitude towards maintenance. My brakes which have been going bad for a while now finally gave up this morning on my way to work this morning. So after having my friend from work tow it home I'm now left with a broke truck won't know how bad till tomorrow night when I get home from work and start on the tear down. If I can't make the run I will PayPal the money for the shirts I ordered to whomever I need to but I'm hoping that I Didn't do to much damage and ill be able to still attend. Ill update tomorrow and let you know if ill be there

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#24 ·
Definitely keep us updated, I did that once to the point where my pistons fell out of my calipers because they were able to extend all the way out because the brake pads were gone. The good ol days when i was young and broke

#25 · (Edited)
. Paypal If funded by a bank account: To make it completely free for both parties (sending and receiving), a user must log into the PayPal website, click on Send Money, then choose the Personal tab at the bottom of the box and click on the Payment Owed radial. No charges will be made against the person sending or the person receiving.

If funded by a credit card: Please add an additional $1.75 onto the total.

Add $3.00 to cover the shipping.

Our PayPal email address is paypal@nexterra.org. (be sure to put your screen name, full name and shipping address in the comments).

Hope you can make the run!

#26 ·
Thanks Bklyn I'm hoping when I get in there tonight if its what I'm thinkin that what happened was the brake pads got so worn on the passenger side that they just kinda fell out of place and if that's the case then it will be a fairly inexpensive fix as I already have the pads and rotors. I not then I'm lookin at a new caliper which still won't be that bad but then you figure in wheel bearings all the seals and this could be an expensive job good news is ill be saving money on labor by doin it myself bad news is I'm not the most mechanically inclined lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.