Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Birmingham al

52K views 544 replies 13 participants last post by  SRStaff 
#1 ·
Hey I haven't really had time to get rolling with a lot of ppl in Chattanooga and regret it. now I'm moving to Birmingham al. Looking for some ppl in this neck of the woods (I've seen a few of you already) and maybe we can hit some trails! Lemme know.

#277 ·
Well two full days after Stony and I'm starting to get the X back to normal. It took me about 3 hours to get the interior clean from all of the dust. I threw a quick wash on the exterior and I think I figured out what I hit coming up that last stair case. Long story short, I think Sliders just moved up a position or two on the parts list.

#279 ·
Hehe im so mad my x is a rust bucket and flaking to pieces!

#281 · (Edited)
Hopefully in the next few weeks I can get all the parts together and get it put back into shape.
priority:
Lca bushings
maf and air filter cleaned
change transfer case oil
grease everything
spindles
abs sensor
p01441 code
Finish bearings
find whats causing it to bog down.
reindex torsion bars
secondary:
Body lift
electric fan conv
zerks for idler arm and springs
tweek snorkel
change out charcoal can
radio issue
alt wires.
Rear brakes (disk)

Think that sums it up... oh boy

#283 ·
Ya if I can knock off a priority and a secondary every weekend should be ready fairly soon. Money is actually the process killer here!

#285 ·
Got her backed up and ready to be dissected. got a few posts about the poly bushings to see if anyone has info. No luck yet

#287 ·
Sweet!

#290 ·
Did we ever discuss an aftermarket throttle body? I don't remember

#292 ·
Thanks to SRStaff for the help on the 2" body lift. Made some progress but unfortunately it looks to be a 2-3 weekend project. Look forward to getting it done

#294 · (Edited)
Legend, the only thing I've found on the throttle body is boring it. There aren't any factory bolt ons that are larger that would be beneficial. The q45 is a 90mm and that's what I'm running on the 240. The Ka throttle body is something like 50mm. The 300zx is 58mm I believe. You could probably find one that's a 70ish mm on eBay. Universal billet crap. If you go that route, be sure to bore match the inlet on the plenum to reap the benefits.

#295 ·
Ya that's what I was wondering about. I know of 2-3 places online that bore it. Although if the universal on ebay (they go up to like 90mm I think) would work and is only $80 that would offset the cost of boring the intake plenum and it could get ported and polished while its off ;-)

#296 · (Edited)
If you did that, I'd call xcessive manufacturing. They have the q45 throttle body flange and offer welding it on as a service. I'm sure it'd be nothing to port and polish it at the same time. I'm having to polish the runners on my 240 manifold cos theirs is cast and has imperfections, but it'll be sweet. You can snag the q45 throttle body online all day for 100ish. You'd have to redo your ghetto fabulous intake but it would be awesome. Maybe some sort of adjustment to fuel pressure

#297 ·
Hmmm if only I had a grand. Could do headers tb tune and exhaust. Would be awesome

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.