Nissan XTerra Forum banner

2010 ignition problems

854 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  fortel 
#1 · (Edited)
My first post after searching the forums for similar problems being discussed. I have a 2010 I bought used now with 32,000 miles, been driving it about a year with no problems. Went to dealer for 30,000 mile checkup. 4 days later had to be towed from out of town back to dealer. Ran great with no indication of a problem. Tried to start it the next morning and it wouldn't - plenty of battery juice, starter turning over fine and fuel being sent but no actual ignition. Dealer replaced a wire they said had chafed insulation. Drove for less than 2 weeks (again cranking and running fine) and had to tow back to dealer with exact same symptoms. Dealer kept it a week finally replacing the IPDM which they said was faulty. Got it back cranking and running fine for less than a week when it had to be towed from out of town again back to the dealer with exactly the same symptoms again. They say the IPDM they replaced a week earlier is still good. After two days it started cranking again for them and they tell me no codes are showing up. Now they want to replace the battery and give it back to me. Nothing is wrong with the battery and it would seem if its got enough juice to turn the starter it would have enough juice for a spark. Sounds like they want to just replace something so they can dump it back on me and get it out of their shop where its been for the last two weeks. I appreciate that without a code it may be hard to diagnose but after 3 tows in from being stranded they are sending it back without it being repaired. Now that we are in the cold of winter, I'm not real excited being the guinea pig that drives it for a week or two until I'm stranded yet again. Does any body have any ideas? The forum search showed IPDM problems with earlier models but the symptoms repeatedly described doesn't match what mine is doing. Thanks for any help or ideas you can provide.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.