Nissan XTerra Forum banner

2nd Gen snorkel kit

9K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  importpower99 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and was hoping I could some info on getting a reasonably priced snorkel kit for my 2006 Xterra. I've looked on line and the cheapest I can see is around $600, seems a little steep for a couple of clamps and some plastic. Thanks for any help in advance.

#2 ·
Yeah, they are not a high volume item, and, well, nothing sells for what it costs to make it, there's be no profit to pay for the factory, the workers who retired and get pensions, the actual workers at the factory, the utility bills, the insurance, the advertising, the warehouse, and so on and so forth.

Anyway, a somewhat cheaper one is here:

http://www.4x4parts.com/i-18981124-xterra-snorkel.html

#3 ·
You can get a fiberglass reproduction snorkel on ebay for ~$100. They seem to fit well for the 1st gens, not sure if they're a compatible one for the 2nd gens. Could always check with thenewx.org to see. I know quite a few people run eBay snorkels, including myself, and they work well.

If anything, the cheapest thing to go with is PCV piping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.