Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Right Rear Axle Leak - Warranty fix?

867 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  XterraD4u 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have a 2013 Pro-4X with around 40,000 miles on it. Today the shop changing my oil called to tell me I have a right rear axle seal leaking and wanted to fix it for $400. Would this be covered under the 60,000 powertrain warranty? Sadly I've never really taken this vehicle off-road so I am annoyed this issue is arising so soon.

Just wanted to know if anyone has had experience with this before the dealer gives me a run-around. I've had no issues with the vehicle and have not replaced anything on it so I don't want to start the merry-go-round of issue that seem to pop up once repairs are made. It never fails that once I have something "fixed" on any of my vehicles something else miraculously breaks weeks later.

Appreciate the insight in advance.

#2 ·
That's why I work on my own cars...lol...and I can't speak to the warranty issue, never had a new enough car long enough to use it...lol...plus I don't like having to wait to modify something

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.