Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Guys

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Repo1980 
#1 ·
Hey guys got the motor in my xstrra runs awesome but the oil light is popping on after about 10 min of driving

#2 ·
Have you checked the oil level?

:D

Hook up an OBD port reader (some places like PepBoys, etc, will do it for free if you didn't already set up a smart phone to do it for you, etc) and see what code was thrown.

Is it flashing, or, on solid?

What year, etc, Xterra do you have? Mileage?

:D

#5 ·
Seriously, get your codes checked at an Autozone. Or get this thing and read it through your phone:

#6 ·
Ok guys from the start I got the motor in my xstrra oil light came on for about a day or two and it did run rough but after some good clean gas you can't even hear it run it holds oil good and the oil light don't come on any more now this motor was at a junk yard for a while but I think just letting it run did the job no check engine light on and this thing runs better than the day I got it thanks to all you guys that helped me and gave me awesome tip I appreciate every one of Yall

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.