Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Where to mount front speaker crossovers?

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  saikat0182 
#1 ·
Hi! I'm working on upgrading the speakers in my X and I can't quite figure out where to mount the crossovers for the component speakers in front. I should say that I see a lot of room on the driver's side above the kick panel for one. I'm just not seeing any room on the passenger side in the same location above that kick panel.

Where are you guy's mounting your crossovers especially on the passenger side? Pics would be awesome!

Thanks!

#5 ·
I don't have pics, but I just installed some on my 06. I don't like drilling into the body very much, so I bought some heavy duty velcro and mounted the passenger one just underneath the glove box. There is a flat horizontal black surface, just under the glove box slightly to the left. The driver's side crossover I mounted to a flat, metal, vertical surface to the left and above the left kick panel.

There's plenty of room and my velcro has held strong for a few months now.

#6 ·
@Jhall03 - I have the industrial strength velcro to mount my crossovers as well. I'm going to have to drop my glove box and take another look around again. I've heard from someone else of a similar location behind and to the left of the glove box where they mounted both crossovers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.