Nissan XTerra Forum banner

No Start when Cold

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Rickamortive 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I am here today because Im having issues with my 2007 xterra. I recently moved up to Anchorage and obviously the temps are well below 30 rifht now. It would not start 2 days ago, so I purchased a new battery with higher CCA and also had the vehicle in a garage overnight. Yesterday morning it started without any issues after having sat in the garage and drove perfectly throughout the day. This morning I attempted to start the vehicle and it would not start at all. I jumped the battery and attached an oil pan heater and battery blanket and let it sit for 3 hours after which it did not start. I have heard that there is a sensor in the throttle that is affected when the temperature gets below a point. The spark plugs and oxygen flow are solid, as is the battery. I currently have the battery sitting inside warming up, but seeing how it would not start with the brand new battery I am not sure that is the issue Would greatly appreciate any help at all as I am pretty much stranded.

#2 ·
I'm having the same problem. Mines an 01 v6. Today it will not start. It'll barely run for a few sec then stop. But even then it's so ruff. Like maybe only a couple cylinders fireing. Never had this issue. I just dumped out the cats a couple months ago. Not sure if the air flow is being messed with. It has been so freaking cold the last couple days so I wasn't sure if that has something to do with it. Also it shut of at an intersection after I had gotten off the freeway for a long time. Then it would barely stay running. Did it a couple times then no more issues

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.