Nissan XTerra Forum banner

camile

952 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  camile 
#1 ·
. I Owen 2002 nissian xterra now for 13 yrs.

got 150,000 miles. Its in awesome shape,always keep up with maintenance
on it. So this month I started noticing leak,oil! Found out need repair valve cover gasket!!! Nit big deal. Part only like 30 or 60. But labor is going be expensive!!! but my nephew is good mechanic worked for dealership as mechanic! So his doing the repairs on my " big blue" that's what I call my xterea!!:D

#2 ·
I have a 02 X and the valve covers were leaking so bad it was dripping on the exhaust manifold and smoking like crazy. So I took it to an all maintenance tire shop and got there crazy high estimate to change it so I decided I would do it my self. I went to take the passenger side valve cover off and noticed all of the bolts holding it on were loose. So I tightened them all down wiped all the oil that I could off the manifold and here i am 6 months later no leaks or smoking. I got lucky because I did not want to have to take the intake manifold off to access the driver side valve cover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.