Nissan XTerra Forum banner

looking for a cheap weekend mod...

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Jrtigger 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a weekend mod to do that costs under $100. Let the ideas flow....

#6 ·
Black out all the plastic bumpers and grill with some bed liner spray paint. Simple easy mod that makes your ride look good.
I spray painted the steps on the back bumper with plasti dip. I would like to do the entire bumper because of how faded it is, I just don't feel too confident taking it completely off.

Also, by "bed line" are you referring to plasti dip?

#8 ·
I spray painted the steps on the back bumper with plasti dip. I would like to do the entire bumper because of how faded it is, I just don't feel too confident taking it completely off.

Also, by "bed line" are you referring to plasti dip?

The stock bumpers are not hard to take off they are simply held on by a few screws. If you don't want to take them off just use news paper and tape of the areas around the bumpers and paint them while on the car.

As for bed liner it's not plasti dip. Don't use plasti dip. It's not durable. Use bed liner. It's what's used in the bed of trucks. Super tough and won't fade. You can find it at autozone or o'rielys or any automotive shop. It comes in quarts or spray cans. Get the spray cans.

#9 ·
The stock bumpers are not hard to take off they are simply held on by a few screws. If you don't want to take them off just use news paper and tape of the areas around the bumpers and paint them while on the car.

As for bed liner it's not plasti dip. Don't use plasti dip. It's not durable. Use bed liner. It's what's used in the bed of trucks. Super tough and won't fade. You can find it at autozone or o'rielys or any automotive shop. It comes in quarts or spray cans. Get the spray cans.
Thanks man, excellent idea. I'll definitely put that on my to do list.

Anyone else have anymore ideas??

#10 ·
You could throw the rear sway bar in the garbage and remove/sell the aluminum steps and make money instead of spending it.

:D

#12 ·
see the link in my signature below. The how-to is for a first gen, but same concepts apply to 2nd generation Xterras

#13 ·
That is funny. Just spent $788 today on new brakes and rotors all around and trans flush. Also found out the motor mounts are bad. (shaking at idle) ring a ling ling another $1200 bucks material and labor on that job.

Sorry for jacking your thread and making it about me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.