Nissan XTerra Forum banner

NOAS Open-invite Run May 14th - 15th (2 days to go)

9K views 97 replies 14 participants last post by  drbandkgb 
#1 · (Edited)
This is for those of us who plan to attend the NOAS run in May. You DO NOT have to be a member of NOAS in order to come join in the fun. This is completely open to anyone owning a Nissan and wants to get it dirty. This is a really fun event with members/owners from all over the southeast and further. Last year had 25+ rigs and ranged from mild to wild.

Hope to see you there!

Video from last year:

Reactions: drbandkgb
#4 ·
So far the commitments from the NOAS boards are:

GrimGreg - Has the white pathy with the "Rising Sun" painted skid plate
Burgpath - 2nd Gen Fronty

Probables that haven't fully committed yet:

Houdini (Brian) - Ridiculous frontier - currently going through extensive repairs after a trip to Jellico
Youngbreed (Brock) - Exo'd Xterra

I'll keep this updated as I get more confirmations. So far most of the group plans to camp at the Windrock Campgrounds.

#15 ·
It's a 4-hour haul for me as well to get to CC. I've put my X through hell up there and it's always brought me back home. Plus, you'll be wheeling with a lot of nissan guys so if you do happen to break something, chances are somebody has a spare and knows how to fix it. I carry a spare axle, hubs and steering components on every trip. If there is anything I recommend you bring it would be extra tie-rod adjusters. And if you don't have one already, pick up an idler arm brace from www.4x4parts.com. Running those heavier wheels/tires will put an added strain on your steering linkage.

Glad to hear you and your dad are going to make the trek up there. It is an absolute blast. I've been in good weather and in torrential downpours, nearly burned my arm off and flopped my X and I still don't recall a bad trip. ;)

#16 ·
Thanks drake, im really looking forward to it. As for an update on my rims and tires, im using some close to new 31x10.5x15 bfg all terrain ta ko's off of my dads x from before he lifted it. Im gonna mount those on my cragar soft 8s and save the money i was gonna spend on the 32s for a bl and some 33s. Seemed like a better idea. But ill only be running 31s at cc.

#19 ·
Those BFG's will do you right. I seriously would take that money you save to pick up an idler arm brace either from www.4x4parts.com or www.chaosfab.com. It's one of the cheapest and most effective mods you can do to protect your steering system. The idler arm is the achilles heel and a very weak one at that being only a single-shear arm.

There will be a few stockers up there I'm sure. Hell I had a 2WD in my group last year (06footy). He handled most everything ok on the mild loop except for the hillclimbs that I got the privilege of dragging him up. lol

#21 ·
I'm thinking I definitely want to hit #4 (I think it was) again and then venture up into the central part of the park. I'll have to do some digging but there are a few relatively easy trails but they have some really fun pits.

Here's Tuff hitting one of them:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4230667820365684391#

Last year the groups split up with I think 6 or 7 with me in the stock/easy group and maybe about the same number running in the extreme group. The moderate group had close to 15 IIRC. It was a huge group which probably should have been broken down into two. The grouping will really depend on how many attend and how willing folks are to get nasty. Friday usually is a play/scouting day and then they will do actual groupings Saturday morning with a driver's meeting usually around 9:00. Oh and Friday night, some people will more than likely make a night run down #22.

#22 ·
I'd like to go but my 2wd and stock street tires wouldnt do much good. Oh and if it wasnt almost 11hrs away lol. Ya'll have fun!

#24 · (Edited)
Just bumping the actual trip thread up with the updated attendee list.

1.Drake
2.Xterror04
3.Pro2amendment
4.drbandkgb
5.Bluegrassen
6.greentennx
7.Mirage
8.Noxiousx007
9.TheHazen
10.Chuckamazuk

Youngbreed and Mr. Plow have confirmed from NOAS. I know Houdini is trying to go but he really destroyed his frontier on his last trip to Jellico but thinks he will have it back together soon. He's bobbing and tubing the bed since he keeps bashing the crap out of it on the trails. I know there's quite a few others that just haven't openly committed that are probably coming too but it's still early.

#26 ·
Yeah it will. Brock got a new bumper for his truggy X that Richard fabbed up. I think it's one of the best bumpers he has built thus far. Tube and dimple plating. Can't wait to see it in person. I'm really hoping Brian can get his frontier up and ready to go and is able to tube the bed like was planning. That is one seriously impressive rig to see in action.

Should be a few pathys from the Kentucky guys showing up and several 2nd gen frontiers too along with a mix of Hardbodys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.