Nissan Xterra Reverse/Backup LED Bulbs! See Comparison Photos! Ships Same-Day! - Nissan Xterra Forum

post #1 of 23 Old 12-16-2014, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Diode Dynamics
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Diode Dynamics is on a distinguished road
Arrow Nissan Xterra Reverse/Backup LED Bulbs! See Comparison Photos! Ships Same-Day!

Nissan Xterra Reverse Light LED

At Diode Dynamics, we carry a full line of LED bulbs, including three different levels of brightness for your reverse light or backup light bulb (921 size). We carry the brightest, highest-quality bulbs on the market, which we have designed in St. Louis, Missouri. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. Every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Your purchase includes two 921-sized LED bulb, for perfect fitment in all Nissan Xterra Models.

Bulb Design

HP5: Four high-power SMDs, under a diffusing lens. Just like the HP3, but run at higher power, with integrated copper plating for superior heat dissipation, allowing maximum brightness.

HP36: Full 360 degree illumination with 36 High-Power Samsung LEDs. Aluminum base for optimum heatsinking, and non-polar design for easy installation.

XP50: Each of the four sides of this bulb contains two 5W-rated chips, and the top is fitted with two more under a projector lens. Housed in an aluminum casing with textured finish for maximum heatsinking properties.

Fitment. All three bulbs use a quality inject-molded 921 terminal, with a sturdy base connector and proper pin alignment, designed for exact replacement of your factory 921 bulb. You will not need resistors for backup lights. Just replace the factory bulb.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS.

COLOR

These LEDs illuminate in a crisp, cool, bright, white hue for maximum light output.

BRIGHTNESS

Diode Dynamics offers several brightness options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb:

HP5: (92 lumens) Slightly lower brightness than OEM bulbs, but still provides the crisp, modern instant on/off of LED technology.
HP36: (210 lumens) Slightly higher brightness than OEM bulbs.
XP50: (410 lumens) Much brighter than OEM bulbs. These are bright!

Lumens. BUYER BEWARE! Most sellers just provide "calculated" lumen numbers, based on the maximum potential brightness of the LED chips on the bulb. For example, if a bulb has five 10-lumen chips, they will rate it at 50 lumens. However, this is not accurate, as the design of an LED bulb does not get rid of heat fast enough to run the LEDs at maximum.

These "calculated" lumen ratings are much, much higher than the true, measured light output, so it will look like competitors' bulbs are brighter than ours. This is because Diode Dynamics does not provide inflated "calculated" numbers; we believe it is misleading. We test the actual brightness of the bulbs in our lab, to provide real lumen output measurements. Our measurements are accurate, but they are usually much lower than the misleading "calculated" figures. Please click here to learn more about LED brightness measurement.

QUALITY

LED Components. Diode Dynamics uses only the highest quality LED chips in the production of its bulbs. This means only brand-name suppliers such as Epistar, Cree, Osram, and Samsung.

While Diode Dynamics bulbs may look the same as others on the market, most copycat bulbs use economy-grade LED chips in order to reduce costs. This greatly reduces the reliability and overall brightness of the bulb when you compare it to Diode Dynamics.

Construction. Although LED technology allows for extremely long bulb life, the market is flooded with cheap LED bulbs that fail prematurely due to inferior construction. The worst enemy of LEDs is excessive heat, and when bulbs are not designed properly, they do not disperse heat as well, leading to premature failure.

Off-brand, cheap bulbs exhibit poor solder uniformity, high levels of flux in the solder, uneven chip placement, low-gauge terminal wires, poor assembly, and bulbs held together with inferior adhesives. At best, solder joints will crack and fail on low-quality LEDs after a few weeks of use. In the worst case, these bulbs can damage housings as the extra flux and adhesive evaporates and creates a residue on the lens of the housing.

Diode Dynamics bulbs are produced with modern, computerized equipment, and only the best materials, to ensure complete uniformity, high quality, and long bulb life.

All Diode Dynamics products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited replacement warranty.

Questions? Feel free to ask here, PM, email contact@diodedynamics.com or call us: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thank you!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

Customer Submitted Comparison - Diode Dynamics installed on driver's side

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 04-12-2017 at 07:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 02-02-2015, 05:46 PM
Singularity

2011 Xterra
Singularity is on a distinguished road
Garage
I see how awesome your lights are based on your video. They ado seem really well built(from what i see, never having owned one) Is it just the processor chips or whatever chip regulates voltage and dissapates heat what makes them so expensive? I really like the XP50 bulbs...Though i find it difficult to justify 70$ for two tiny bulbs. What kind of life span are we talking about? I know LEd's typically last 15-30,000 hours. I'd love to see some pictures at night versus a stock bulb Or even a silverstar bulb. I bought silverstars recently, they are wicked bright and they were 10$

2010 Pro4x - Night Armor
2011 Xterra
post #3 of 23 Old 02-03-2015, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Diode Dynamics
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
I see how awesome your lights are based on your video. They ado seem really well built(from what i see, never having owned one) Is it just the processor chips or whatever chip regulates voltage and dissapates heat what makes them so expensive? I really like the XP50 bulbs...Though i find it difficult to justify 70$ for two tiny bulbs. What kind of life span are we talking about? I know LEd's typically last 15-30,000 hours. I'd love to see some pictures at night versus a stock bulb Or even a silverstar bulb. I bought silverstars recently, they are wicked bright and they were 10$
Thank you for asking!

The XP50's are the brightest self-contained 921 LED bulb replacements on the market. They utilize our own unique design and have the most advanced circuit design available. In addition to having an exceptional design, they feature genuine brand name LED components and have been tested extensively in-house to ensure the highest quality.

410 lumens from a 921-sized bulb is significantly greater than what you would expect from any incandescent replacement

Here's an output comparison for our 921 LED replacements:

They are priced competitively with other high-end bulb suppliers, and they are covered by a 3-year limited warranty.

The HP36 is also a great option if you are looking for an output upgrade

Nick C.

post #4 of 23 Old 02-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Singularity

2011 Xterra
Singularity is on a distinguished road
Garage
thanks for the info and pics! You are correct, they are definitely brighter. COuld have saved me an accident a few days ago backing up. I will be picking up a set of these in the near future.

2010 Pro4x - Night Armor
2011 Xterra
post #5 of 23 Old 02-03-2015, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Diode Dynamics
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
thanks for the info and pics! You are correct, they are definitely brighter. COuld have saved me an accident a few days ago backing up. I will be picking up a set of these in the near future.
I'm sorry to hear that! But they will definitely prevent it from happening again!

Nick C.

post #6 of 23 Old 02-13-2015, 11:31 AM
TJTJ
Sage Mentor/Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold
Cool

Nick, I think my 2008 Wrangler also uses 921 reverse bulbs....so I was going to get 2 sets...

I was on the site though, and the 400 lumen versions were listed as out of stock. Very popular I assume.

Anyway...getting more in soon?

-TJ

TJ's Build Thread ---> http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11532

DIYS http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16434

2001 Xterra SE, 2003 V6, 5 spd, Shrock Sliders, Bumpers and Skids, Warn 9.5xp Winch w/125' MasterPull II, OBA w/4Gal Tank & 4 CFM Compressor, Revolver Shackles, Deaver 3-Pack + Calmini 2-Pack + OEM Leaves, Bilstein 5150, SLR UCA, Diff Drop, 3" SL, 2" BL, 33x13.5/16 LTB's, Snorkel, Electric Fan Swap, etc...
post #7 of 23 Old 02-13-2015, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Diode Dynamics
Supporting Vendor

TJTJ,

Thanks for checking in

We actually do have the XP50's in stock! The site is being updated to show their in-stock status

Feel free to give us a call if you would like to order a set: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

post #8 of 23 Old 03-04-2015, 06:42 PM
putzee52
Seasoned

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
putzee52 is on a distinguished road
What are the lumens on a stock bulb?
post #9 of 23 Old 03-05-2015, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Diode Dynamics
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by putzee52 View Post
What are the lumens on a stock bulb?
Stock 921 bulbs produce around 150-200 lumens, when brand new.

As you know, incandescent bulbs will lose output gradually over time as the filament wears down. Within just a few months of use, you'll see a drop in output from the incandescent bulb so it's a difficult comparison.

We will have more stock bulb size information available as we continue to update our website's research section

Nick C.

post #10 of 23 Old 04-10-2015, 08:44 AM
TJTJ
Sage Mentor/Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold
Cool

I just ordered a pair for the Jeep and the X...the max output versions of course.

I look forwards to looking backwards....

-TJ

TJ's Build Thread ---> http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11532

DIYS http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16434

2001 Xterra SE, 2003 V6, 5 spd, Shrock Sliders, Bumpers and Skids, Warn 9.5xp Winch w/125' MasterPull II, OBA w/4Gal Tank & 4 CFM Compressor, Revolver Shackles, Deaver 3-Pack + Calmini 2-Pack + OEM Leaves, Bilstein 5150, SLR UCA, Diff Drop, 3" SL, 2" BL, 33x13.5/16 LTB's, Snorkel, Electric Fan Swap, etc...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.