Nissan XTerra Forum banner

What have you done for your X today?

2M views 11K replies 1K participants last post by  mhamor 
#1 ·
Let's hear it! It should be an ongoing thread. Whatever you did, big or small!

Today, I:

Uploaded photos onto a USB, hooked it up to my HU, and put my fiancee as the screen saver. She is hot.

#9,227 ·
Hit the muddy shoulder after the rain, got sideways and slid into a telephone pole. Crunched passenger fender and bumper......might be an excuse for an ARB.
Ouch!

#9,228 · (Edited)
not just today but on going

new here, owned the `03 se/sc for about three weeks. new tires (ironman 265/70/R17 all terrain) all new wipers, undercoated (was mint n new lookin under there and wanted it to stay that way, not easy to do here in winter saltville canada) repainted the door switch panels satin black, lined the back hatch area with this kool looking check-plate type anti-fatigue matting, removed the tubular steppers (looks lifted slightly now) more lift as so as i figure out the poor mans lift? took off the roof rack air dam and cross bars due to cleaning snow off was a pain. will be painting the grill and headlight bezels in the next day or so. oh....i made her a special "X" keychain out of 1/4 inch aluminum. also discovered the sunroof makes an awesome GPS mount, ran the wire through the temp/compass display pod and down the A piller

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff279/DISTORTED_WUN/my X mods thread/

#9,229 ·
new here, owned the `03 se/sc for about three weeks. new tires (ironman 265/70/R17 all terrain) all new wipers, undercoated (was mint n new lookin under there and wanted it to stay that way, not easy to do here in winter saltville canada) repainted the door switch panels satin black, lined the back hatch area with this kool looking check-plate type anti-fatigue matting, removed the tubular steppers (looks lifted slightly now) more lift as so as i figure out the poor mans lift? took off the roof rack air dam and cross bars due to cleaning snow off was a pain. will be painting the grill and headlight bezels in the next day or so. oh....i made her a special "X" keychain out of 1/4 inch aluminum.
Welcome to clubX! Sonds like you are making nice progress with keeping your X in great shape!

#9,236 ·
Today, with the salt and corrosion season started, removed the nerf bars. My plan is to strip them, prime them, bedliner them then re-attach.

Yes, I know. It's not cool to have nerf bars on my X. At 40, I've out-grown the peer pressure stage. I don't go wheeling, therefore I don't really have to worry about possible body damage from boulders caving my nerf bars up into the body. I already know I can walk it over any curb I may encounter. :zunge3-big:

Once I can get them stripped, primed and re-coated, they'll go back on and look as awesome as I think they're going to. :)

#9,237 ·
Well, I just bought my Xterra in October, and I brought it in for an emmissions check in the beginning of November

And this is when my nightmare started! It failed the emissions inspection, and so far, I've already spent 2,500 to get it repaired, but had to bring it back twice because they messed up the issue they were trying to fix, and now there's another 500 being tacked on so my car can pass emissions!

Needless to say, I still love my Xterra, and I'm missing it severely because it's been in the shop for so long! I want my baby back!

#9,238 ·
Today I put another sticker on my truck and then spent about 10 minutes admiring my truck and thinking how much I love my xterra.

#9,242 ·
Installed a set of Bandit bushings for my OE idle arm. Steering has improved a lot and with winter coming. Added insurance

#9,243 ·
new here, owned the `03 se/sc for about three weeks. new tires (ironman 265/70/R17 all terrain) all new wipers, undercoated (was mint n new lookin under there and wanted it to stay that way, not easy to do here in winter saltville canada) repainted the door switch panels satin black, lined the back hatch area with this kool looking check-plate type anti-fatigue matting, removed the tubular steppers (looks lifted slightly now) more lift as so as i figure out the poor mans lift? took off the roof rack air dam and cross bars due to cleaning snow off was a pain. will be painting the grill and headlight bezels in the next day or so. oh....i made her a special "X" keychain out of 1/4 inch aluminum.
update>>>>seeing my bumpers were still the dark charcoal colour and in great shape, i just needed to paint the grill and light bezels. i hated what seemed like a multitude of too many colours up there. a darker metali grey on the bezels and grill/bumper trim. charcoal bumpers, and severe UV faded grill. all on a silver X. so i painted the center grill trim, the silver body colour (duplicolor color match) and the grill got hit with charcoal bumper paint (also duplicolor). i think it turned out well, and once i get the lower center bumper trim piece off and painted body colour will look in my opinion what nissan should have done in the 1st place.

hope my photo link works>>>> http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff279/DISTORTED_WUN/my X mods thread/

#9,244 ·
2012 Xterra, Installed a Uniden PRO505XL CB, with a gimp antenna (magnetic), called for a radio check on every channel under the handle "Fetal Pig", replaced headlight bulbs, and took off the mud flaps. All ready for the Northern Exposure run 1/5/13 at Rausch.

#9,247 ·
Took advantage of a rainy day:

1. Finished repainting all the trim.
2. Installed a LOBO.
3. Rear shackles finally came to complete the PML.
4. New brakes & rotors.
5. More stickers!

Attachments

#9,251 ·
Cleaned the K&N air filter. Started her up.

After Xmas will be putting her in the shop for some maintenance. Getting the timing belt and plugs/wires changed for the 2nd time. She will be ready for some wheelin for the 2013 season. :D