Nissan XTerra Forum banner

09 Cranks, wont start.. help ASAP!!!

3K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  dezurtrat 
#1 ·
Went to get an alignment Friday morning picked it up drove fine got all the way home was inside for a couple hours went out to move some cars around in driveway got in the x started perfect backed it down and into the street put it in park shut her off came back not 5 min later when to start cranked over strong but would not start.... tried a jump did not help.. new battery did not help tried moving some fuses around no luck ..... please help... I NEED MY RIDE!

#2 ·
I would look at the IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module) as that sounds like an all too familiar symptom others have had when their truck wouldn't start.

#4 ·
No, the whole module goes bad and has to be replaced. Do a search on the IPDM.

#5 ·
Copy down you VIN and call your local Nissan dealer and see if they have performed the IPDM relay recall. This was a very common problem on 05 to 09 models. They now sell the relay separately so the entire IPDM does not have to be replaced. I keep an extra on on hand in the truck.

#7 ·
The IPDM problem was the ignition relay that would not work due to burned contacts. Before the recall, the only way to get the relay was to purchase the whole assembly.

There are fuseable links on the battery cable where the terminal connects to the battery. Check for power on the backside of the plug.

Do you get dash lights when you turn the key to the run position? IIRC, you will not have dash lights when the IPDM relay is faulty.

This may be fuel related, see if you can hear the pump run for a few seconds when you turn the key to the run position.

If you have not done so, check all of the fuses, there is fuse board on the IPDM and another next to the glove box.

#9 ·
Copy down you VIN and call your local Nissan dealer and see if they have performed the IPDM relay recall. This was a very common problem on 05 to 09 models. They now sell the relay separately so the entire IPDM does not have to be replaced. I keep an extra on on hand in the truck.
Excellent info. Rep points for you.

#10 ·
Took the X into Nissan Tuesday morning.. Fried ecm board, 1200$ fix part is on back order no recall for my year (2009) and no eta on date of fix ...
Now that sucks!

#12 ·
Took the X into Nissan Tuesday morning.. Fried ecm board, 1200$ fix part is on back order no recall for my year (2009) and no eta on date of fix ...
Is she running again???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.