post #10331 of 10340 Old 02-27-2017, 01:02 PM
topher5150
Seasoned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
topher5150 is on a distinguished road
Garage
I went to visit the wife's grandma yesterday in a fairly densely populated area. On my way there I stopped at the gas station to get something to drink, as I was getting back in my Xterra this guy appears from behind my car, coming from the road, seemed like he was looking in my car, and asked me if he could get a jump. I said I wasn't sure if I had my cables on me, and by the time he was done asking me for a jump he was almost to the other side of the gas station almost to the road. Weird thing was I didn't see any car near by where he might have come from, or one with it's hood up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10332 of 10340 Old 02-27-2017, 09:42 PM
Trexterra
Addict

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
1995 Xterra
Trexterra has a spectacular aura about them Trexterra has a spectacular aura about them
Bought a bullydog. Thanks for sale forum making me spend more money!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

95 D21 Hardbody XE V6 Auto
3"BL, PML, 33x12.5 duratracs, ARB, Warn 8k
1995 Xterra
post #10333 of 10340 Old 02-28-2017, 03:36 AM
NorCal Explorer

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2001 Xterra
NorCal Explorer is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
I went to visit the wife's grandma yesterday in a fairly densely populated area. On my way there I stopped at the gas station to get something to drink, as I was getting back in my Xterra this guy appears from behind my car, coming from the road, seemed like he was looking in my car, and asked me if he could get a jump. I said I wasn't sure if I had my cables on me, and by the time he was done asking me for a jump he was almost to the other side of the gas station almost to the road. Weird thing was I didn't see any car near by where he might have come from, or one with it's hood up.
Yea, lots of homeless or lowlifes get caught looking in cars for stuff to steal and then start talking to get out of being caught looking. I live in the mountains and we have a drug problem up here so I always lock my xterra even if I just go in to get mail for a second. Its just getting worse everyday.
2001 Xterra

post #10334 of 10340 Old 02-28-2017, 06:54 AM
topher5150
Seasoned

topher5150 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Explorer View Post
Yea, lots of homeless or lowlifes get caught looking in cars for stuff to steal and then start talking to get out of being caught looking. I live in the mountains and we have a drug problem up here so I always lock my xterra even if I just go in to get mail for a second. Its just getting worse everyday.
We had a similar problem living in the shadows of the city. We lived in a nice neighborhood, but being so close to the "wrong side of the tracks", it seemed like almost every weekend there was a shooting not more than a couple of miles from where we lived, and it seemed like a lot of that would seep over into our area. I'm thankful we got out of there when we did.
post #10335 of 10340 Old 02-28-2017, 09:21 PM
NeoGixxer
Seasoned

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
NeoGixxer is on a distinguished road
Had to change out a gasket on the water outlet. Since I had to take almost everything part. Might as well change the valve cover gaskets and paint everything with what I had in the garage
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3218_1488342056267.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	349.9 KB
ID:	53706   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3219_1488342077750.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	409.4 KB
ID:	53714  
post #10336 of 10340 Old 02-28-2017, 09:31 PM
JacCro

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
JacCro is on a distinguished road
Replaced the water pump, thermostat, timing belt, and tensioner pully. Ended up finishing the job around 10Pm HA!
post #10337 of 10340 Old 03-14-2017, 03:17 AM
mikeman1985
Seasoned

2010 Xterra
mikeman1985 is on a distinguished road
Garage
I took the Xterra to the dealership to get a rough idle looked at and see if they could get my TPMS light to stay off. The rough idle was fixed by reflashing the ECM per service bulletin 13-021 which I had printed out for them when I took it in. It idles way better now, before when I would stop at a light it would vibrate pretty bad, way worse with ac on.

I also let them change the spark plugs (gasp!) I know, I could have done the job myself but time has not allowed me to and to be honest I didn't care to mess with pulling the intake to get to the pass side plugs. It was past due for plugs, and as it turns out I also had a spark plug tube seal bad on the passenger side valve cover, the plug and boot on that cylinder were submerged in oil! so I had that replaced also. If I had been in the engine myself and found that, the truck would have been down temporarily until I could get the valve cover. The dealership had the part on the shelf.

Kudos to my service advisor John at Hudson Nissan, he actually went out to the shop for me and took a picture of the cylinder head when the valve cover was off so I could see what condition things were in inside the engine. Looks like I scored a good truck because inside the engine still looks brand new with 123k on it. Not even a hint of oil sludge, so the previous owners kept up the maintenance!!! That makes me feel way better about the mileage on the truck. In comparison my old '01 had an enormous amount of sludge built up when I changed valve cover gaskets at a similar mileage, from previous owner neglect of course.

All in all my wallet is a bit lighter today, but the x is running better than ever, no more rough idle so I am happy. (That darn tpms light is another story...) I know how most of you feel about dealerships, but honestly these guys treated me great (didn't even buy it from them) and their price was better than I expected for the work they did.
2010 Xterra
post #10338 of 10340 Old 03-14-2017, 07:52 AM
mikeman1985
Seasoned

2010 Xterra
mikeman1985 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Explorer View Post
I assume you have a 2005 or newer Xterra since older ones like mine have the alternator on top, easily accessible. See if you can borrow a shop manual or maybe even google it on line to see if you can find a diagram on the pulley.
Not sure whats up with this but my 2001 with the vg33 had the alternator on the bottom, drivers side (it was a pita to replace it and mine quit on a rainy day too!) my 2010 vq40 alternator is on the bottom - passenger side, from looking at it I dont have a clue how it would come out. Do you have a 4cyl, is it up top on the 4cyl?
2010 Xterra
post #10339 of 10340 Old 03-19-2017, 03:23 PM
Micks Journey
Noob

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Micks Journey is on a distinguished road
Well as im new Xetrra owner and new to site.

Its been all go lol Upgraded Rear wiper to 14inch instead of twelve so better visibility.
Replaced rear drinks holder.
Hitch cover installed.
New 4inch antenna installed.
Top up fluids.
Tidy up roof box and rear trunk.

Nothing big or crazy but all little steps to make better.

To do is LED inside lights and look for Fog/DLR lights to replace fog lights get two for one any ideas or options you guys know of? reach out be great to hear.
Stay safe and have fun!!
post #10340 of 10340 Old 03-23-2017, 07:51 PM
MoCheese
Noob

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2010 Xterra
MoCheese is on a distinguished road
Uh.....I changed the cabin filter and broke the clip that shuts the panel. ?
2010 Xterra

Tags
today

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.