All about Lifts (Gen 1) - Page 9 - Nissan Xterra Forum

post #81 of 87 Old 10-17-2014, 10:10 PM
TJTJ
Sage Mentor/Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockski View Post
Can anyone tell me how much longer shackles are needed to achive a 1.5 inch lift on the rear?
The shackle lifts by HALF of its added length over stock.

So if the stock shackle is 3" long (eye to eye), to get 1.5" of LIFT, you'd need one 3" LONGER than 3", or, a total of 6", to get 1.5" of lift over stock.

-TJ

TJ's Build Thread ---> http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11532

DIYS http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16434

2001 Xterra SE, 2003 V6, 5 spd, Shrock Sliders, Bumpers and Skids, Warn 9.5xp Winch w/125' MasterPull II, OBA w/4Gal Tank & 4 CFM Compressor, Revolver Shackles, Deaver 3-Pack + Calmini 2-Pack + OEM Leaves, Bilstein 5150, SLR UCA, Diff Drop, 3" SL, 2" BL, 33x13.5/16 LTB's, Snorkel, Electric Fan Swap, etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 87 Old 07-10-2015, 12:49 PM
the_y_guy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2000 Xterra
the_y_guy is on a distinguished road
Hey all, I have a quick question about the PML I couldn't find on here. I saw the largest tires that can be used with the stock suspension are 32"s. My question is would 33"s be able to with with a PML?
2000 Xterra
post #83 of 87 Old 07-10-2015, 03:57 PM
TJTJ
Sage Mentor/Moderator

TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_y_guy View Post
Hey all, I have a quick question about the PML I couldn't find on here. I saw the largest tires that can be used with the stock suspension are 32"s. My question is would 33"s be able to with with a PML?
The PML doesn't make room for tires except at ride height...so if you go over a bump, brake, or corner, etc, the added tire room goes where your lap does when you stand up.

What you want to fit 33" tires is a BODY LIFT, not a PML.

You can do a PML too, it will help front frame clearance, but, the BL is what makes tire room.

Many do both combined, its a pretty sweet combo performance wise, especially if you do a PML with the Bilstein shocks from the 3" SL kit.

-TJ

2001 Xterra SE, 2003 V6, 5 spd, Shrock Sliders, Bumpers and Skids, Warn 9.5xp Winch w/125' MasterPull II, OBA w/4Gal Tank & 4 CFM Compressor, Revolver Shackles, Deaver 3-Pack + Calmini 2-Pack + OEM Leaves, Bilstein 5150, SLR UCA, Diff Drop, 3" SL, 2" BL, 33x13.5/16 LTB's, Snorkel, Electric Fan Swap, etc...

post #84 of 87 Old 07-13-2015, 08:18 PM
the_y_guy

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2000 Xterra
the_y_guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJTJ View Post
The PML doesn't make room for tires except at ride height...so if you go over a bump, brake, or corner, etc, the added tire room goes where your lap does when you stand up.

What you want to fit 33" tires is a BODY LIFT, not a PML.

You can do a PML too, it will help front frame clearance, but, the BL is what makes tire room.

Many do both combined, its a pretty sweet combo performance wise, especially if you do a PML with the Bilstein shocks from the 3" SL kit.
Good to know, thanks!
2000 Xterra
post #85 of 87 Old 08-02-2015, 12:43 AM
edgarm
Noob

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
edgarm is on a distinguished road
Im new With xterra's I have a 2002 and I really want to lift it. I was told to crank the torsion bars and get rear shackles and I would be set..... Question is can I do that and if so what's the max hight I can get out of it. How hard is it to lift it and así Any other things you guys recommend?? . I'm in the process of saving a little up for a lift kit. Much help is apriciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150725_173023_1438497717915.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	535.7 KB
ID:	40505  
post #86 of 87 Old 08-02-2015, 10:46 AM
TJTJ
Sage Mentor/Moderator

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarm View Post
Im new With xterra's I have a 2002 and I really want to lift it. I was told to crank the torsion bars and get rear shackles and I would be set..... Question is can I do that and if so what's the max hight I can get out of it. How hard is it to lift it and así Any other things you guys recommend?? . I'm in the process of saving a little up for a lift kit. Much help is apriciated
The above gets you an almost free 1.5" suspension lift. (Cost of the shackles)

Its not that hard if you pre-spray with something that dissolves rusts welds (PB Blaster for example), instead of something that doesn't (Like WD-40 for example), or if you don't pre-spray it all to give it all time to work.

There are several threads, with pics, etc, in the DIYS section...that go into the details.

-TJ

post #87 of 87 Old 08-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Alanma
Noob

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alanma is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have an specific way to do it? if so can you link me to your thread . any help would be appreciate it pictures will help better thanks in advance

Tags
1st gen , body lift , pml , suspension lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.