Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Bypass Precautions

959 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jhall03 
#1 · (Edited)
So I bought mine online for a good price knowing there'd be some rust being that it's mid-west truck. 2006 model x (oh yeah). The bad news is that there is some rust, but it's not too bad..especially once I upgrade the suspension pieces.

Anyway, I need to do the bypass, and I had a good look under there for the first time and it seems the plastic bumper part in the middle has been removed at some point, and not put back on properly. So I'm wondering what may have been done to it at some point. All I know about the prior owner is that she's a female (no offense to any females in here) and she kept the car really clean and had proper maintenance done on it. I don't think there's ever been any "off-roading" aftermarket pieces on it.

So does anyone have any precautions for me considering all of this? I will probably do the bypass this weekend.

#3 ·
As a female (no offense taken) who has taken most of the front bumper off several times to try to get to some hog jerky lodged up there and push out the bent plastic, it may be that it wasn't installed correctly from the start. There are several places that I have found my plastic trim missing screws/annoying little plastic clips and part of my front wheel-well liner was not installed right. In fact, my mud flaps were each missing a different screw and I know it came that way from the dealership. Maybe someone just dropped a cap or screw that got wedged someplace odd and had to take it off to get to it. I've done that on my Mom's Pathfinder :icon_redface:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.