Nissan XTerra Forum banner

First Gen X- Average Cost for Clutch Replacement?

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  xtacular 
#1 ·
What have you first gen guys paid for a clutch replacement (labor+parts)? I live close to two nissan dealerships, but both quotes were well over $1,000. I'm not familiar with too many independent shops in my areas but I am going to start searching around. I have seen a few members say that shops will do a clutch job for $600-$800. Is that the norm or does that sound super cheap? Thanks for any opinions!

#2 ·
Don't go to the dealer, it will be two or three times more expensive, than a place like Clutch Pros, or Clutch Mart, which will also come with a warranty.
Price varries by location.
It may cost $700 or so.
Make sure the clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing and pilot bearing is replaced and the flywheel is turned. (also the fluid clutch actuator system should be checked)

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I'm hoping I can find a shop in my area that will do the job for a job in that price range. The cheapest dealership quote I found was $1370.00 for parts and labor. They said the job required 7 hours of labor which was surprising. I was thinking most shops would charge for 8 or 9 hours.

#4 ·
Yeah that's way high... I had a complete clutch job as described by itsme, plus a complete tranny rebuild for ~$2,000 before tax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.