Nissan XTerra Forum banner

center caps

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Creepy Cruiser 
#1 ·
bet i have a question nobody's ever asked...i have a 2001 X, factory wheels....i want to replace the center caps with caps that don't stick out so far....or in other words, i want shorter caps, caps that are more flush with the wheel itself....anybody ever done that?..recommendations?...pics?

what i'm looking for is a cap that's maybe similar to that of the toyota tacoma which has the similar looking wheel...surely you guys know which wheels i'm talking about newer tacomas have them...older xterra have them.

thanks for any help,

#4 ·
I haven't seen anyone specifically mention changing out the hub caps in their wheels, but I wouldn't imagine it's a big deal. Basically all you need to do is pull the hub out of the wheel and measure the diameter of the space for it. With that you should be able to replace it with any hub cap that matches that diameter. A lot of wheel manufacturers make interchangeable caps for their wheels, so once you have the diameter you can find out from them what caps they have available in that size, or use a site like Wheel Cap King to find a cap closer to what you want.

Hope that helps some :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.