Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Oil leak

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  packpride85 
#1 ·
Took my X in the other day for simple maintenance and the dealership noticed an oil leak towards the rear of the engine. I took a pic where it seems to be dripping down. I checked the dip stick and the oil level seemed fine. It's almost been 3 months since the last oil change and I was getting ready for the next.

How concerned should I be? In the past I'd probably just ignore this but I've been taking really good care of my X.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That looks like a power steering leak at the pump...double check your siphon and return lines going to the reservoir to make sure they aren't leaking...mine just needed to be tightened a little on the hose clamps, but even if you replace the hose, it's a 20 buck fix max...if you aren't losing oil, that's where I would start

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

#3 ·
That looks like a power steering leak at the pump...double check your siphon and return lines going to the reservoir to make sure they aren't leaking...mine just needed to be tightened a little on the hose clamps, but even if you replace the hose, it's a 20 buck fix max...if you aren't losing oil, that's where I would start

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S
Hmm, I'll check the power steering but I for sure have an oil leak. If it's been three months and the oil level hasn't changed do you think I am ok? I want to continue modding but I don't want to sink a bunch of money in before handling something that could be really bad for the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.