Nissan XTerra Forum banner

NEXterra B2SR '10

5K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  KChurch86 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's the pics I was able to snap during this years Back to School Run in West Oneonta, NY. I didn't wheel my truck, I'm still bone stock and can't deal with breaking anything; but I was able to ride in (IMHO) one of the sickest rigs there (Mike/svendog on NEXterra) and enjoy an awesome experience with some other totally badass rigs! Enjoy :D

Rigs airing down

This Jeep was huge!

More rigs airing down (I should note, the Toyota pickup was a tow rig; not a wheeling rig)

Some more rides. The guy in the black sweatshirt was ridiculous! CHUPACABRA!

The one on the left apparently used to be a Jeep, and the one on the right was a Land Rover. Intense, right?

Some X's making their way up a hill climb.

Some of the rigs, parked mid-trail to watch some creative uphill winching.

This Jeep was pretty sweet, he (Jesse) came the closest to making it up a surprisingly difficult obstacle. In the end, winches were needed.

Trying a new approach (real close to making it!)

There were some Jeepers out on the trails, this guy just wanted to show off his axles (And fearless climbing abilities - his front passenger tire was ~6 feet up the tree)

This hill climb was the only one Mike didn't make it up. It's worse than it looks...much worse.

Dave did some creative stump removal...this was a really good stuck :D

X WANT STUMP. Om nom nom...

The stump broke in half, and was dragged ~10 feet.

Mike's rig on the trailer after a good day on the trails.

And now for some videos! (Sorry, apparently I've forgotten how to embed them. And they're way more grainy here than they look for me?)

See less See more
#5 ·
Originally posted by vandebogart:Nice pics!

What happened to daggerdoggie's yellow shrock?
I'm not sure what events lead up to it, but I know that Friday night he was pretty sure he wouldn't be wheeling because of an issue with it...when I got there, the bumper wasn't even on the truck. Late that night, he and some of the other guys drunkenly welded his "new" bumper on, must've done a good job because it took some heavy hits on the trails; haha. Everyone wanted to know why he painted it black, heh. Pretty sure it was just a quick fix to stop the rust and pitting from spreading.

#10 ·
Thanks for the pics! That was a great event.... Crystal & I, both dogs also, came home happy after an exhausting weekend! That was a great event & the Ruskys were really funny - no tickling in the tent guys! hahahahhaha

PS: unfortunately for Donald my "creative winching" didn't work! Was worth a try! ;-)

#12 ·
I'm not sure what events lead up to it, but I know that Friday night he was pretty sure he wouldn't be wheeling because of an issue with it...when I got there, the bumper wasn't even on the truck. Late that night, he and some of the other guys drunkenly welded his "new" bumper on, must've done a good job because it took some heavy hits on the trails; haha. Everyone wanted to know why he painted it black, heh. Pretty sure it was just a quick fix to stop the rust and pitting from spreading.
The yellow bumper is gone. Painted black...it's to much work to finish well back to factory yellow. To much salt up here to maintain while banging it up on the trails. I've repainted it three times in yellow. I think now, it will stay black...unless I get the ambition to fill in all the voids, smooth it out and get a nice finish that I can destroy again.

#14 ·
The yellow bumper is gone. Painted black...it's to much work to finish well back to factory yellow. To much salt up here to maintain while banging it up on the trails. I've repainted it three times in yellow. I think now, it will stay black...unless I get the ambition to fill in all the voids, smooth it out and get a nice finish that I can destroy again.
Your blue bumper is still holding up good.. I park next to it every day now.. lol

#17 ·
#18 ·
Originally posted by Trailz:yes, that's me on my avatar.... a couple of years ago when I was still fighting...
After meeting you in person, I find it hard to believe that somebody who looks as timid as you do can look that "I'm so going to kick your ass" haha.

#21 ·
After meeting you in person, I find it hard to believe that somebody who looks as timid as you do can look that "I'm so going to kick your ass" haha.
Yeah - I am a lot of things but not timid.... you sure you're not mistaking me with someone else?!?!?!? I don't give people the "I'm going to kick your ass" look cause I'm not out there to fight. In fact, I will go out of my way not to fight. I wasn't always like that.... but as the years pass, I've changed.... I don't tuck tail either but if I can solve issues without violence, I do!!! So I'm terribly sorry if my avatar projects the wrong image... maybe I should be original & put my truck instead!

I'm guessing he let his hair grow back but I don't know if I would say he looked "timid".
I'm not the instigator anymore..... you can call me timid Nick!!! hahahaha
:engel-big:

(BTW, Crystal calls me that all the time now - thanks!!!!)

#24 ·
He had the best tent out there!!!! ;-)

Not too sure about that Nick, your tend condo was pretty sweet. best thing about mine is it was free.

Free's good! - You got really lucky with the raffle again!!!! How's the recovery kit working out? You used it yet? I am jealous! I've got to say my tent was only $88 at walmart.com ..... super deal!!!! XL 3 room camping lodge - they call it!!! with a full kitchen, living room with 50" LCD & surround sound, bathroom with shower.... hahahaha (ya right!!!) ;-) Crystal & I were happy about the tent & how roomy it is! Camping with the 2 dogs requires a little more space!

#25 ·
I like your new avatar. Do we call you "sweet" or "cute" Nick now?
thanks - you can call me sweet or cute or precious or timid Nick from this point on.... I feel they all really fit well with my new image! ahahahahhaa
:laugh-big:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.