Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Kadee 
#1 ·
In April 2015 my 2006 Nissan Xterra was having some serious shuddering issues. The transmission shop put in 2 bottles of shudder fix and boom no more shuddering. The transmission repair guy said he was concerned that it would be the dreaded pink milkshake but it wasn't. Two months later in doing some routine maintenance we noticed something foreign in the radiator, but not a pink milkshake, so we drained the radiator, flushed it, installed an external transmission cooler to avoid the pink milkshake, drained the transmission fluid which looked fine and changed the filter. 13 months later I have a fender bender and 5 days later after running perfectly I get in and no start. Everything works just no turn over. Had a couple people check the battery, starter etc. I towed it to Nissan and was told that I had coolant contamination and it would cost me over $6000 to repair. I tried to tell them that I had rerouted that 13 months ago but I was ignored. I towed it to my friends house who is a mechanic and had his own shop many years ago. He finally decided it was the TCM shorted out, so I spent $500 for a remanufactured TCM. He changed it out replaced all fluids, flushed the radiator again, etc. Now it starts but is not going into the proper gear when you take off. It is very sluggish and sounds very strained. Once you get going it runs great, except the overdrive light is lit up OFF and will not come on. So on the highway I have no overdrive. I paid him $650 to give it back to me in this condition because he just wasn't working on it anymore. Does ANYONE have any knowledge on this? Please and Thank YOu!! There still is no pink milkshake in radiator or transmisison fluid.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.