Nissan XTerra Forum banner

CB Radio Antenna mount

9K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  maillet282 
#1 ·
Anyone know where i can get a antenna mount that sticks to the back bumper of the side like above the gas hatch? Magnetic would be preferable but any responses will help!

#3 ·
Check out truck stops. They usually have a large supply of cb accessories and I've found them to have good prices too.

Radioshack could be another option.

#7 ·
i have my screwed into the plastic as well however i have a old liscense plate and a piece of wood on the other side. and i have a 10ft whip with a sping and never have i had to tighten the bolts or anything on it.

#10 ·
I was going to do like dave did, but I dont have the balls to drill into my X. I have a wilson 1000 on the roof with a magnet mount and I couldnt be happier with it.

#12 · (Edited)
The problem w/ mounting to plastic is the grounding. Most metal mounted ones allow you to use the metal of the vehicle as the ground, otherwise you have to run an additional wire. There are several mag mount bases that will handle a 3' firestix and some that will hanlde a 6' Penatrator. Depends on the look you want. As he said Truck stops and radio repair shops are your best places to look. Radio shack seems to be pulling back on CB gear. I just saw who old this thread was. Days late and dollars short.

#14 ·
Yes I was talking about mounting a antenna in the plastic.....

This is what I did..

/IMG]http://emob1181.photobucket.com/albums/x421/austinbischoff/23e67294.jpg?t=1300835498/IMG]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.