Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Drag Racing

4K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  rjr162 
#1 ·
Me and a buddy have a friendly bet going right now to see who would win in a 1/8 mile drag. Our school drag car goes to a few test and tunes and all the tuner guys seem to have all the fun by taking their car. Me and his f150 are going to race just to see how slow we would be.

My question is that I know plenty of diesel trucks run in 4wd and was wondering weather or not the x's front end would handle racing in 4wd or if it would even help. I can use any help I can since he has the 5.4 haha

#3 ·
i wouldn't. reason being it's not recommended to run in 4 on dry pavement. I know you're not turning in the 1/8 but still a lot of pressure on it I suspect. Someone else will probably agree with me but something tells me dry pavement and 4x4 = broken badly parts. Can understand you wanting to try a slow race but best place to race your rigs might be the mud. [natural habitat] anyway that's my two cents

#10 ·
the xterra doesn't have enough power to even need to worry about traction
^^ this. Even the supercharged ones would be hard pressed to have traction issues. I believe AaronsX raced his against an f150 at a drag strip and won I believe. Neither of the times were impressive, but if that's what you are wanting then more power to you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
Video this race...I want to see!

#13 ·
Ill take a video but were not racing for a while. We still have to put the new v10 in our dodge tow rig and the engine back in our drag car.

#14 ·
I wouldn't even race my X in a drag (unless it was on dirt/snow).

I used to have an 85 Subaru Turbo RX sedan. It was shift on the fly with a low range and a 5 speed manual. I could run through gears 1-3 in low 4 and then shift to high 4 for a real hole shot. It was really fun to drift that car on a dirt road in 4wd at 60mph plus.

#16 ·
If it makes you guys feel any better about drag racing the X, down at Beaver Springs there is (was?) an older guy with a an automatic 86-87 Corolla hatchback (or in around there). No wheel spin obviously, and automatic so his ET's were pretty darn consistent.

Anyhow, this guy would always make it pretty far in the brackets, and the one night he was up against my brother (who was running low 11's in his Prelude at the time). My brother ended up losing! Considering the Corolla was an ET of like 22 seconds, my brother had to wait for the tree for about as long as it took his car to do the 1/4 mile.

So if the Xterra does happen to lose, don't feel bad!

#20 ·
It is tough to wait and watch those tail lights leave and not jump the light. I lost a Vette specific race this past summer to a slower car, because I got impatient.

I always like straight up races!

#21 ·
I have a buddy with a built F250, he always launched with all 4. He didn't like the force that the torque hit the rear axle on, so he split it. And having a solid front axle handles it a whole lot better than IFS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.