Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Fish on! Post fish YOU caught.

19K views 65 replies 23 participants last post by  Tenzen 
#1 · (Edited)
There are a few of us here that like to get out and cast a line. Matt and I went out Saturday for a little night stripe bass fishing here in AZ.

We were out from 8pm-3am and caught about a dozen.

Here's Matt with a nice 18" catch:

Here I am with a full bellied stripe bass:

See less See more
#28 ·
I'll have to do some fishing when I head back. There isn't any fishing here during the winter. Not that I know of anyway. I'd love to go Sturgeon fishnig though. I heard they put up a good fight
They are on my list of fish to catch too. I have been fishing for them twice with no success. I watched a guy pull one up from a bridge in Oregon City once (literally in the city). It was pretty crazy. He hooked and reeled it in with a regular rod and reel then shimmied a large hook tied to a rope down his fishing line. He hooked the fish with it and then pulled it up about 30 feet to the bridge. I estimate the fish was about 4.5-5 feet long.

#32 ·
Winter fishing in Portland (Willamette Valley zone) is phenomenal; sandy river, willson river, trask river, clackamas river...

Crazy to say but I think catching sturgeon is easy. All you have to do is plunk a herring, cut off the head and tail, leave it on the bottom then its on!

#35 ·
Winter fishing in Portland (Willamette Valley zone) is phenomenal; sandy river, willson river, trask river, clackamas river...
Crazy to say but I think catching sturgeon is easy. All you have to do is plunk a herring, cut off the head and tail, leave it on the bottom then its on!
I might have to try it out when I head back. Thats one thing I wish I did while down there

#49 ·
Decent size smallmouth from last year

First little Crappie from this year

I went fishing at a buddy's pond just the other day and caught 3 brim, 2 smallmouths, and pretty big bluegill. However, we were on a pretty sketchy johnboat so we didn't trust our phones out there haha :D

I just now found out about this thread so I'll start taking more pictures. Me and my dad are going deep sea fishing in a few months so there should be some good pictures from there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.