post #171 of 173 Old 02-17-2017, 09:54 AM
smason54321
Seasoned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
2002 Xterra
smason54321 is on a distinguished road
The bypass mod really only requires basic low voltage electrical skills/tools like wire cutter/strippers and a soldering gun. If you can install a car stereo by following directions, you can do the bypass mod. From what I recall, identifying the wires was the most intimidating part. I suspected I had the right ones and then was certain once l I stripped the plastic loom back far enough to find those wires were isolated by their own insulated jacket. That left no doubt. From there it's simply cut the wires, leaving a few inches to the connector incase you were to ever want to return to stock, and tape them up to protect. Solder the resistor between the wires leading to ECU and either use electrical tape or shrink tubing before stuffing the connections back into the wire loom and use electrical tape over the wire loom where it was stripped back. It will look no different then stock once complete.

'02 Xterra SE/SC 4x4 5-Spd
2002 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 173 Old 02-17-2017, 04:53 PM
SC_Xterra_SE

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2004 Xterra
SC_Xterra_SE is on a distinguished road
I personally wouldnt chose the bypass but i am not sure what difference is with relocate. As far as price, i just bought a cheap ks from net and works fine. I did do plugs before ks trying to narrow down issue. Not sure I mentioned it but i just relocated ks to firewall. I tried to put it on a bolt on back of sc but continued to exp my timing retarded and read it could be caused by noise in the bearings in the sc pulley. Firewall relocation did the trick for me.
2004 Xterra
post #173 of 173 Old 02-20-2017, 08:28 AM
smason54321
Seasoned

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
2002 Xterra
smason54321 is on a distinguished road
Functionality wise, I believe that relocating to the firewall is no different than doing the bypass mod. Both options would stop the code from returning by preventing the KS from doing the job it was designed to do.

'02 Xterra SE/SC 4x4 5-Spd
2002 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.