Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Type of Winch for my ARB bumper???

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  beef tits 
#1 ·
Hello all, I purchased an ARB Front Bumper. I was told by a 4X4 shop that I have to put a WARN winch on it, specifically an XD9000. Upon looking for this particular WARN Winch, I found that it's rather expensive. I'll be honest, I'll only use the winch if I get stuck so I don't see a need to get fancy. Looking at the bumper, it doesn't seem like it be that specific when it comes to winches. Anyone here have an ARB and know if it will accept other varieties of winches? Thanks

#2 ·
Harbor Freight has winches. Cheap junk.. same as Smitybilt but as far as I know they all use the same base.

#3 ·
a buddy is using a shittybuilt in his bumper.. Ironically the first time he went to recover a 4runner that was stuck, it broke.... they did replace it for free after if thats worth anything... lol

I have a harbor freight Badland on a hitch mount I keep inside the truck and have used far more then him and its been flawless... not sure if it would fit in an arb. but I think any cheap winch is hit or miss on quality. I think being able to store mine out of the weather helps a ton.

#4 ·
Meh. I guess if I knew anything about quality I'd have bought a Toyota over this Nissan! No need for a winch when your truck won't make it to where you get stuck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.