Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Does anyone know how to disable the Factory alarm?

20K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  KJE300 
#1 ·
I recently got an aftermarket alarm installed and the Factory alarm still arms itself so when I disarm the aftermarket alarm the factory alarm is still armed, so needless to say I open the door and the honking begins...can anybody help me out here? I hope I can just do it myself and won't need to go back to the shop. Any instruction would be appreciated...

#2 ·
I can't really help with your problem, unless the alarm has its own fuse? IDK. But why get an aftermarket alarm when you have a stock one?

#3 ·
They should have done that for you when they installed it, it's all part of a standard install.

RED/WHITE to GRAY (-) / IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL or BCM Pin 7

When TESTING, meter (only use a meter DO NOT use a test light) this wire while turning the Key in the DRIVERS DOOR CYLINDER.

the BCM (Body Control Module) is located to the RIGHT of the STEERING COLUMN.

You'll send a (-) pulse to it from your new alarms door "unlock" output (diode isolate to be safe)

#4 ·
Depending on your aftermarket alarm.it should have outputs for factory alarm arm and a factory alarm disarm.

It lists both unlock.and disarm as grey at the bcm like creepy listed... my source for this one isn't directwire so its not as detailed (not on PC) but a lot of Nissan's use the same wire for unlock as it does disarm. like I said ill have to double.check directechs but on a lot of Nissan's you tag the OEM disarm wire and send a double.pulse which will.first disarm the alarm, and on the second pulse unlock.the doors (just like if you turn the key twice in the hatch cylinder)

Worst case, go back to the shop and tell them its not disarming, or if you have the install manual check for wires that list alarm disarm output and connect that wire to the OEM disarm wire we listed above (most disarm outputs on aftermatket alarms/remote starts are a 200 mA negative output)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using AutoGuide App

#5 ·
Yup, just as I thought (and to finish the note attached to Creepy's note)

Per Directech's DirectWire:

Factory Alarm Disarm: Negative, Red/White to Gray, Drivers Kick or BCM Pin 7

Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder. This wire will also unlock the doors with a double pulse.
The BCM (Body Control Module) is to the right of the steering column.

Sounds like they just hooked it up to the OEM Unlock wire:
Lt Green to Purple, Negative, Drivers Kick or BCM Pin 45, The BCM (Body Control Module) is to the right of the steering column.

You could just move the unlock wire from your alarm to the disarm wire, and set the after market alarm for Double Pulse unlock and you'd be set... or have the shop that installed it move it there and do that for you since you paid for an install and what they did was an incomplete install :)

Edit> Forgot to mention, sounds like they tagged the OEM Alarm Arm wire for your "lock", as that will also lock the doors with a single pulse:

Factory Alarm Arm, Negative, Lt. Blue, Drivers kick or BCM Pin 8.

Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder. This wire will also lock the doors.
The BCM (Body Control Module) is to the right of the steering column.

So if they did tag the "lock" at the BCM and DID use the alarm wire, the disarm wire will be located right next to it.

#6 ·
Thanks guys...I appreciate it!

I can't really help with your problem, unless the alarm has its own fuse? IDK. But why get an aftermarket alarm when you have a stock one?
I got this as a gift when I purchased my new sound system...I figured while I installed the HIDs why not have them install the alarm too? Plus it has some more features I like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.