Nissan XTerra Forum banner

2000 Nissan lifted Xterra trail truck or mechanic special $1800 obo

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  broncot 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought this 2000 Xterra SE earlier this year with the expectations of using it as a daily driver, but my mechanic frowned upon it and I don't have the time, interest or money in making it road worthy.
V6 3.3l engine, 5 speed manual transmission, 136,000 miles, timing belt done by previous owner, passed CT emissions.
The good: new alternator, 3.5 inch calmini suspension lift, Skid Row full skid plates, 31x10.5x15 General Grabber At2 tires on black steel rims, the steering has been upgraded as well (center link and heim joints), both front and rear sway bars were removed for more articulation
The bad: it came from New Hampshire, so there's some rust, although mostly surface. The AC doesn't work, the compressor was removed so the system is likely contaminated, not an easy fix (so I was told). The liftgate struts are worn, so it lifts slowly. The other main issue is an electrical one, the horn, rear defogger and power locks don't work, the interior light only comes on when opening the driver's door, the chimes for leaving the headlights on and keys in the ignition don't work. The check engine light comes on intermittently (P1401 is the code) as does the ABS light. My mechanic told me the front end components are worn, particularly the torsion bars, but I was able to get an alignment done without issue. There's a belt squeal at startup.
The interior is in good condition, the headliner is not sagging, the floor mats are worn, but the carpet is decent. The 6 disc CD stereo works.
I know what the parts are worth, so I'm not going to come far off my asking price, I'll part it out before I let it go super cheap. Given the aftermarket parts and strong running engine, it's a good project or trail rig.
I will trade for a bicycle or bicycle parts of equal value.
Sliders pictured are not included, I do have a set of factory step bars I'll throw in, but the sliders are staying for my next Xterra.
I also have a set of Doug Thorley headers for sale here, make me an offer on both!
I'm in Milford, Connecticut

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.