Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Supercharger and tranny swap question

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  EfiniMotorsport 
#1 ·
I have an 02 Xterra SE non SC and automatic (yellow). I just picked up another 02 With a supercharger and a 5 speed manual (silver). I know most people will say I should have just sold the NA auto but its got 50k less miles on it and is in better shape. I'm going to swap the supercharger and 5 speed tranny into mine but to make things even more fun I'm going to swap the NA parts and automatic back into the other chassis and sell it off the offset costs. So far I've got the supercharger, manifolds, brackets, wiring etc out of the silver truck and only a few questions. Engine swaps and customs mods are not new to me but the Xterras are. Most of the other cars I work on have a much larger community to get info from so I'm hoping you guys can help save me some time instead of digging through very old forum posts and 1000's of pages of manuals. Here's my issues so far.
1. Are the park neutral switch (on auto) and clutch neutral safety switch (on 5spd) basically the same switch but mounted int different locations? I'm hoping to change connectors on the wiring so I can take the park neutral switch wiring and plug it in to the neutral safety switch and do the opposite on the one getting the auto.
2. The ecu's are and engine wiring are getting swapped along with SC and tranny. When the auto goes into the silver truck will I need to do any more than swap the TCU and wiring along with the tranny? I haven't pulled the automatic parts yet as that is my daily and it will be a week or two before I have everything ready to go back in.
3. On the SC truck the is a SC bypass control solenoid mounted on a bracket on the inner fender below the evap solenoid. The wiring for it runs through the body harness which I'm not going to swap. I'm assuming the ECU controls that solenoid and instead of swapping the whole harness just for that plug I was going to run two new wires in the engine harness and in to the ECU. My question though is does the ECU control that solenoid and what is the purpose? I'm trying to eliminate everything I can while I'm doing all this work
4. Is there any issue eliminating the coolant running through the throttle body? I know the is a temperature sensitive solenoid that will alter the idle speed but I'm hoping to get away without that. It will really clean things up to get rid of those hoses, coolant pipes and plunger on the TB.
5. Is there any difference between the SC and NA fuel pump? I'm probably just going to go walboro 400lph but I'd like to get it up and running first before I start upgrading it
I think that's it for now but I'm sure there will be more to come but for now I just want to get it running properly stock. Eventually I'll be adding a smaller SC pulley and possibly swapping in an M90 SC. I'm also looking into an aftercooler, water/meth injection, dual exhaust with X or H piipe, cams, and who knows what else.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.